Chapter 13

Part 5: Jetta

   When Scarlet and I got into our fifth hour, which was English, she was still crying uncontrollably. She hadn't told me what happened. I was rubbing her shoulders, and telling her everything was ok. Maddie and Jade, who were in our class too, were looking at Scarlet, worried and confused.

   After a few seconds had passed, I made eye contact with the teacher. "We really need to go home. This is not working." I told the teacher. The teacher nodded, and Scarlet and I walked to the office. After Mom came and got us, (Addison included) and we were in the car, Scarlet began to calm down. At one point, Scarlet laid her head on my shoulder, but I didn't mind it.

   When we got home, Scarlet went and laid down in my room we now shared. Today had been terrible, and things still weren't right. Maybe I should tell Mom when I found out. But then again, maybe not. I would have her worried too.

   We didn't need that. And then, I thought of something. Maybe I could go find out what was up with Scarlet, now that we weren't at school. When I walked into the room, Scarlet was laying on my bed.

   I was about to say something, but thought better of it. As I sat on the edge of the bed, it startled Scarlet. "Sorry," I said. "What are you doing in here?" she asked, sounding a bit angry.

   "Well first of all, it's my room and second of all, you have some explaining to do, and don't tell me it's not the right place because this is the most alone we can get, unless we go into the woods," I answered. "Can we go into the woods?" she asked eagerly. "Uh, sure," I replied. When we were little ways into the woods, Scarlet and I sat down on a log by the small creek that was in the woods. "Ok. Spill it," I said. "All their deaths, my family members' deaths..." Scarlet began, shaking her head slowly. "What about them?" I asked quietly.

   "They, they, they-" but she didn't get a chance to answer because there was a loud bang that startled us both. "What was that?" Scarlet asked, panicking. "I don't know..." I replied, getting up to look around. Just then, there was another bang.

   "Jetta!" Scarlet screamed. "Come on, let's go inside," I said, helping Scarlet stand. I looked around again to see if I could find out where the loud bangs were coming from, but I didn't see anything.