chapter one.

you wake up due to your alarm clock blaring, indicating that it's time for your day to officially start.

you grab your phone and face time your friend.

"morning y/n! i'll be at the curb in like 20 minutes. meet me?"

"yeah! i'll see you there" you reply.

you put on your outfit and do your hair and skincare.

"good morning, ala!" you say.

"morning! can we listen to your playlist? i really liked it." she says.

"oh of course, ill open it up right now."

you open up apple music, and go to your profile to see the profile, this time you notice a tiny profile picture in the bottom corner, meaning someone listened to it.

"why the fuck is some blonde bitch listening to my playlist!?" you surprisingly shout.

"ah, y/n chill, im sure it is purely because you have amazing music taste!" your friend replies. "yeah i know i do, but still. how would they find my profile?" you ask. "i'm not sure, thats weird, can't you private your profile?" she replies. "hm, yeah ill do that later, lets walk to school, yes?" you ask.

- male perspective -

as the two boys walk side by side, they have a small and short conversation.

"what are you listening to?" the slightly shorter, freckled-face boy asks.

"just some playlist i found" the taller blonde boy replies.

*the blonde boy thinks of last week*

"DUDE my sisters best friend has the most amazing music taste, you should seriously listen to one of her playlists" a short, brunette boy tells his teammate.

"oh? send me one then. ill see." the gray haired male replies

as the blonde listens, he texts the boy later on.

sugawara

hey. can u send me the playlist

that noya was talking about?

sure! here's the link

that night the boy paid and installed apple music, just to listen to the playlist.

*y/n's perspective*

"yay! we're finally here. dont forget after school we have practice y/n!" ala reminds her.

"oh. thanks for the reminder, ill see you at lunch?" she asks.

"ofcourse. bye have a good day!" she responds.

you walk to homeroom, and put in your AirPods, covering them with your hair to make them hidden. you play your playlist as you find a seat and gather todays rest work.

you work on the rest work, and finish it within the 10 minutes, and the bell rings, signalling the school to get to their assigned 1st hour.

as you walk into 1st hour, you take a seat next to your assigned seat partner and take out your AirPods, putting them into the case, and then into your pocket. you get your notebook, and science journal out and then remember you forgot your pencil.

"niho, can i borrow a pen?" you ask your table partner

"ah, i have pencils but no pen! is that ok?" he asks.

"yeah sure, anything works." you reply.

"okay, mechanical or regular?" he asks you.

"mechanical please! i'll return it by the end of class." you thank him as he hands you a mechanical pencil.

"all good" he laughs and starts copying down the vocabulary terms.

"hello class! today we will just be focused on genetics, and parental genes." the teacher says, and begins the class lesson, and assigns a classwork.

"okay, so i need help with problem d." niho says.

"sure! what do you not understand?" you ask.

"ah okay i know everyone has 23 sets, but which parent passes down the 'X' chromosome?" he asks.

"okay, so females have two X chromosomes and males have X and Y, so the female, or in this case, mother passes down the X chromosome to their children, the answer would be the mother!" you respond.

"oh! thank you so much you're way better at explaining this!" he laughs and runs his hand through his hair as he writes down your answer.

you laugh and finish up the work.

"okay, you guys are allowed to leave early since everyone seems to be doing good, what's not done will be homework, have a nice day!" your 1st hour teacher says.

*time skip*

as you grab your lunchbox out of your locker and get ready to go to lunch, you see a boy walking, whom you never recognized before, and realize he's the boy that was in the profile picture, listening to your playlist. to save yourself from any future embarrassment, you decide to not confront him about it -- yet.

you walk to the cafeteria, and find ala.

"hi!" she greets you and smiles as you sit.

"hey! how was your classes?" you ask her.

"oh. i met a cute kid in my 2nd hour!" she laughs.

"ooo tell me more!" you laugh with her as she talks about him.

as you're eating you notice 'the boy' looking at you.

"oh! i forgot to tell you." you divert your attention back to your friend. "remember that person who was listening to my playlist this morning?"

she nods.

"yeah! i saw him in the hallways, turns out that he was that kid on your brothers team. i dont think ill confront him about it though, that would be terrifying." you tell her.

"oh! what does he look like?" she asks.

"okay, don't look yet, but he's like 3 tables behind you so just if you look, be careful" you tell her, and she immediately turns her head and looks at him.

"ALA!! i told you not to look yet!" you laugh.

"he looks cute, talk to him?" she asks.

"NO. that's horrifying." you reply and shake your head.

"look, he's wearing headphones right now, he's probably listening to your playlist and daydreaming about you" she snorts, and continues eating.

"dramaaa..." niho says, while walking towards you two and sits down, setting his tray down.

"y/n here was just telling me about her amazing cliche love life, you missed the best part!" ala fake sighs and smiles.

niho frowns. "wait... nooo i wanted to hear. i love this shit!" he laughs and starts drinking his strawberry milk.

"the only thing you love is mila. we already know this" you tell him, and you both laugh as he gets redder.

"i did not know he could get redder then he already is!" ala laughs and plays with her ring.

"so are we all just going through a love crisis then?" niho asks.

"nah, not me." you reply.

"mhm, MOST definitely you, out of all of us. you don't need to lie to your bestfriends! we'll find out eventually, anyways, since you cannot stay quiet for shit" ala laughs

all three of you laugh, and continue ranting, and talking and stuff.

as lunch ends, you return to your locker and get ready for your next classes.