Déjà vu

Next morning
It was early in the morning. Early, because it wasn't the usual time Abhi wakes up. As for him, waking up early is just like winning a war.

Abhi comes to the rooftop at 6 in the morning and waits for Ritu. He wanted to express how happy he is, as he knew she would stay here for a longer time.

He saw the sun, that rises high but he couldn't find Ritu coming to him. He waits for a little longer, or a little too long that he didn't realize it had been three hours he was waiting for her. 

He didn't get the point why Ritu wasn't coming out, so he gets home putting on a long face.

Abhi's POV

Sister- Mom, I heard that the girl downstairs went to her hometown. Is that true?

Mom- Yeah, she went off in the early morning at 3'o clock. Her brother came to take her.

I couldn't believe what my mom said so I asked her, "But it's covid time, why does she have to go?"

Mom- I don't know. I just heard that they have some emergency at home.

I had so much running in my brain, but it's hard to express in words. All I want to do is to cry my heart out. I couldn't stop my tears rolling down my cheeks nor I could stop thinking about those memories when I used to confuse you with my words just to see your cute, little pout.

 I couldn't stop my tears rolling down my cheeks nor I could stop thinking about those memories when I used to confuse you with my words just to see your cute, little pout

Author's POV

After few days

Abhi couldn't stop thinking about Ritu so he thought to find a distraction and he went to a park, where all his friends usually meet.

Druv- I have an exam to write but there's lockdown all over the country. I don't know how to go to that place where my exam center is. 

Veer- Yeah! It's due to the new virus spreading over the world. It's risky to travel at this time.

Abhi came here to get some peace of mind but ended up sinking in her thoughts.

Abhi- I know right, it is risky to travel at this time then why did she leave? What would that emergency be that she had to leave at 3 am?

Druv and Veer couldn't get Abhi's point but before they could react... Abhi got a message from "Ritu"

Abhi couldn't believe his eyes,  it was Ritu who had texted him after leaving him all alone without saying a word.

Ritu- Hello!

Abhi- Heyy, where have you been? Why do you have to leave so early? I mean all of a sudden?

Ritu- There was an emergency at home, so, yeah I had to leave early.

Abhi- I missed you so much. No wait, I still do, I miss you.

Ritu- I know you do. I'll be back soon, like in a month I guess.

Abhi- Really? Are you coming back in a month? For real?

Ritu- Yeah... I am.

Abhi was over the moon when he got a text from Ritu but something which made him happier was the fact that he could meet Ritu again in just a month.

Abhi's POV

I wasn't just happy because I'm chatting with her. Something that makes me feel more blessed is that I think I'm receiving the same affection from the other side.

I don't know why but I do think that even Ritu has some sort of feelings developing for me. Sometimes, it feels difficult to say the words but she surely making it obvious that she likes me too.

Author's POV

The two of them spent most of the time together, over the phone, chatting, of course. In a short amount of time, they didn't realize that they have passed a month laughing at Abhi's lame jokes, and the teasing.

 In a short amount of time, they didn't realize that they have passed a month laughing at Abhi's lame jokes, and the teasing

They were so excited to meet each other again. And it was finally the moment when,

Ritu- Abhi I'll be coming tomorrow, in the evening.

Abhi- Yes! finally... Will be waiting for you.

The next day, In the evening

Abhi was desperately waiting for Ritu and hug her tightly like there is no tomorrow.

He kept waiting for her, as waiting for someone whom you love is definitely worth your time. But he waited for too long that he didn't realize it was too late. So he thought of going to his home back.

As he went inside his house, he heard a car engine sound. He quickly came out, as he knew it was Ritu. He couldn't control his excitement to go near her but he can't go to her or he can see her properly as she was surrounded by her family members. 

Abhi thought that it would be perfect to see her in the morning, so he went inside and drift off to sleep.

Next morning

Abhi was on his bed, still sleeping and his mom giving him taunts just like every day. Hearing his mom scolding, he was half awake but still lazy to get up.

Then suddenly he heard a voice from downstairs,  "Ritu goes to the rooftop and dry the clothes." Then he saw a girl going to the rooftop, and that's when he finally came to his senses.

Abhi's POV 

Oh my god! That's Ritu...

I couldn't wait any longer so I quickly got up and rushed to the rooftop.

Author's POV

When she was drying the clothes. Abhi was standing back of her but not facing her, as he was shy and also he couldn't control his heart that was racing like a train.

When she was drying the clothes, few water droplets fell on her face, and also a few of them fell on Abhi as he was standing close to her. So, he turned towards her. She looks at him and apologizes with a short smile.

Abhi froze when he saw her...

Abhi- Who are you?