Life had been pretty busy for her since the Cullens left. She spent half her night on patrol with one of the wolves beside her to let the others know what was going on since she wasn't a part of their telepathic connection. When patrol was over, she rushed to the Swan house and typically got there when Bella was about to start screaming from whatever nightmare she was having, causing Lyra to have to comfort her so Charlie could get some sleep. Then Bella would cuddle up to Lyra in hope that she will be able to sleep without another nightmare coming. Lyra barely slept any more and although she didn't need to sleep, especially due to the amount of sorrow energy Bella was radiating, it felt strange.

Lyra was broken out of her thoughts by a loud bark and she noticed that Victoria was about to cross into the Canadian border once again. This chase was happening every few days and it was starting to get on her nerves. They'd chase Victoria to the Canadian border, she'd wait it out a few days, and then try again. It was quite tiresome.

This time, however, Lyra pushed herself harder and she ran fast enough that Victoria barely felt the banshee's breath on her neck before she was being yanked back by her hair. Lyra had a large handful of Victoria's hair in her hand and she grabbed the vampire's shoulder, beginning to pull the head back and push the shoulders forward, causing cracks to appear on the neck. Victoria then dug her nails into Lyra's calf and ripped through the fabric of her pants and the hard skin that laid beneath, causing Lyra to release her with a yelp of pain and crumpling to her knees. Victoria took off and the wolves let her go as they circled around Lyra worriedly.

"I'm fine." Lyra tried to tell them through gritted teeth before Paul nudged her gently with his nose and Lyra sighed, "Fine." She pulled herself up to her feet and limped over to Jared who had lowered himself to the ground so she can climb on to his back with ease. She clutched his fur tightly as he ran through the woods back to Sam's house.

Sam had arrived at the house not long before the others and had shifted back, putting shorts on. When they arrived, he helped Lyra off of Jared's back and helped her limp into the house. Emily saw the red and black blood dripping down the banshee's calf as her fiancé helped her into the house and rushed off to get a first aid kit. Sam sat her down at the kitchen table, propping her leg up on another chair. As Emily reentered the room with the first aid kit, Lyra scrambled to grab her phone from her pocket and she called Emmett.

"Hey, kitten." He said as he answered immediately.

"Hello, sweetie." She replied before hissing as Sam began to clean the wound with rubbing alcohol, the sharp sting running up her leg. Paul and Jared were looking at the wound worriedly, having entered the room not too long ago.

"Kitten, are you okay? What happened?"

"Just a small cut. I'm fine.

"This is more than just a small cut." Sam said, "That bitch ripped four deep gashes into your calf."

"Shut the fuck up, Sam!" She snapped before hissing again as he continued to clean the wound.

"Look, blood sucker or not, your boyfriend deserves to know how hurt you are so don't get pissed at me for telling him the truth."

"How bad is it?" Emmett asked, his voice tight as he tried to remain calm, knowing that Victoria had hurt his girlfriend. Daily phone calls with Lyra had quickly informed him of the return of the red-headed bitch. Before Lyra could respond to Emmett's question, Paul pulled the phone out of her hand and took a picture of the wound, texting the picture to Emmett before handing the phone back.

When he saw the look on Lyra's face, Paul shrugged and responded, "Sam's right, he deserves to know."

"I hate all of you." Lyra grunts.