8: Sports Festival part 3

"Teams are formed, now let's start this second game! The Calvary Battle~ That's me again, Rio Nakamura, and next to me there are the Akabane siblings, Karma and Kristen~"

I rest my head on my right hand and look at my best friend. "Oi Blondie! Why the hell are you registering videos? The games are on direct every Japanese Channels."

"I know~ but our class can't see the games! You know, we are in 3-E and we don't have such previlege. So, Icy-Hot Princess~ who do you think is gonna win?"

"I guess Bakugo. Nothing personal, Todoroki and Bakugo are both strong, but I can see Todoroki restrain himself from using his left side which it could be his dawnfall."

Karma came closer to me and pats my head. "Now now~ guess you don't know what you are talking about~ I bet the I-expo ticket that Todoroki will be first."

I evilly smirk and grab his hand. "I bet the I-expo ticket too, but that Bakugo will be the one who will be first."

As we shake our hands, the bet is sealed. "Oooo~ such an interesting bet in direct, ladies and gentlemen! Who's gonna win? Bakugo or Todoroki? This suspance is gonna kill me, literally!~"

The calvary battle is still on, Bakugo's team recatch the points stolen and now is aiming for Deku's one.

Unfortunately, they got blocked aside from my brother's ice, letting his team stole the one million points and win this second round.

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One! And stop!"

Just as Present Mic stops the timer, Katsuki fall face fist on the ground. The scene didn't go unnoticed to Karma, which he snaps three pictures of the angry boy's fall.

"For this second part of event, Team Todoroki is first, second is Team Bakugo, third is team Tets- sorry team Shinso and Team Midoriya is fourth! Enjoy your launch break!"

I stand up and start to walk away. "Katsuki asked me to talk in private. you can join the Bakusquad for lunch.. Karma, don't get into a fight. Rio if something is worth to register, do it as always. See you later~"

"Later~ and keep all your dresses up!~"

I roll at his childish sentece and walk down the alley hoping to find Bakugo, unsuccessfully.

Just as I'm about to walk around, I hit against a hard body and looking up, I realize it is Shoto, my older brother.

"I'm sorry." Were is words before he starts to walk away. I grab him by the wrist, stopping him.

He seems confused, thinking on how to get free from my hold. That's why I take a deep breath and look up, face to face and smile at him. "It's been a lot of time, Shoto Todoroki."

"Who are you? A fan of mine?"

I giggle and shake my head, denying. "Let me introduce myself. I'm Maya, Maya Todoroki, but you can also call me Kristen Akabane."

He grabs me by the shirt and activates his ice quirk and has an angry expression. "I don't believe you."

I roll my eyes and keep telling him things only Todoroki family could know. "... And one day I couldn't stand it anymore. You were training with father, mother was talking on the phone with grandma, Natsuo and Fuyumi were at school, so I take and leave.

I went to one of my classmate house, which I find out it was our cousin. The Akabane family was nothing like us. They accepted me as their own daughter and change both name and last name, in order to don't cause any scandals.

Seeing them so happy, made me cry for days. It took me time to fit in their family, but after few years I was happy again.

Back then I really hated the fact our family was so broken. I hated seeing you full of bruises from your training. I hated seeing mother trying to stop father from going so hard with you but with the result to being beaten too. I hated the fact that I have both quirks and fake to be quirkless. I hate-"

I get interrupted when Shoto hugs me and cry on my shoulders. "Everyone thought you were dead. After you ran away, mother broke definitely. She was on the phone with grandma, she was crying and couldn't even talk on how broken she was. You disappear and Touya died one year prior.

When I tried to talk to her, she looked me with fear and without thinking, she poured the boiling water on my face. That's how I get the scar.

I didn't blame her, it was our father's fault. That's because I already forgave her the same nigh. I wanted to tell her that's not her fault, but father sent her to a mental hospital, where she's still there."

I punch the wall, without realizing I activated my blue flame quirk, and make the first tears coming out from my eyes. "GOD DAMNIT! I'll never forgive Endeavor! He could be a good hero and all, but is a shit of father! I'm glad I left our house."

"Don't say this.. when you left, you left a hole in everyone of us. Nobody is recovered from your missing status. I'm glad that I finally see you again and knowing you are still alive. Here, that's my number. I hope we'll catch up all the years we were separated.

I nood and put the paper with his number on my pocket. "I'll write you one of this days. You better go to eat. And use your fire. It's your quirk, not his."

I left him, taking out my phone and text Bakugo to meet near the mess hall, but as I turn around I see him laying on the wall, with his arms crossed.

I guess he heard everything, but he's mature enough to don't say anything. "If you want to have a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk, you know I'm here."

"Thank you, Bakugo."

"You can call me Katsuki. Let's go to eat. I already take something for both of us."

I nood and follow him on a waiting room, where we enjoy our meal in peace and far away from everyone else.