woman from the bar

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, just wondering why a girl like you would be here alone. I'm Sarah, by the way."

"I'm Y/n."— for a moment I forgot I shouldn't be spreading my personal informations, like my name, all around the city!!

"May I ask if you're from here?"— she asked while lighting a cigarette.

"Ma'am, you know shouldn't be smoking too."— I laughed, pointing to her cigarette and watching her annoyed face.

"I'm old enough to know what I'm doing. Can you please answer my question now?"— she rolled her eyes but couldn't hide a small smile.
Why is this woman so serious?

"If I'm from here? No, not really. I came here alone, because I was a little tired. You know, I want to take some time for myself without my family and friends so I'm here in some kind of vacations."— I wasn't lying but I wasn't being totally honest at the same time.

"Oh that's great! How much time are you staying here?"— she asked, excited.
She looked like some stalker now, too many questions. I shouldn't even be answering them but she made me comfortable even if everything was pushing me to feel the opposite.

"I don't know, I don't have money to stay here from much time. I really wanted to, but my parents didn't give me enough money."— okay, now I lied. My parents didn't even know I was miles and miles away from my city.

"It's fine. You can count on me. Maybe I can give you some money if you need it, so you can stay the time you want...if you let me, of course."— she put her hand on mine and smiled at me.

What a mysterious woman.
Sarah was beautiful, I didn't have the chance to see her that close before. And I'm really amazed by her kindness with me.
She didn't look like a weirdo by now, just someone who wants to help the others, I think.

"You don't have to, it's okay if I don't stay here."— I smiled back.
I didn't want to abuse my confidence with her but I really wanted to stay in the hotel, I couldn't imagine myself sleeping in Los Angeles streets because I couldn't afford an hotel room.

"Do you even have money for an entire week?"
She was right. I had to continue paying my staying and I could already count my money.

"I still have some money, not that much but I'll take care of it."— I tried to make sure she was really into the idea of helping me.

"Y/n, I'm serious, if you need any help just tell me."

"Wouldn't  you really mind if I asked for some help?"— I couldn't say no, I needed money.

"Of course not, really!"-- she laughed.

"Thank you so much, Sarah..."— I hugged her.
She was an absolute angel, she knew me for ten minutes and was already offering herself to help me.
Her kindness was suspicious at some point, I didn't understand why she was being so nice for a random teenage girl. However, even suspicious, accepting her offer was the only option I had.

___

"Should we go upstairs?"— I asked her.

"Yes, sure!"

"So...are you on vacations here too?"— I tried to create a conversation. I never have been good at it but I wanted to know her better. I wanted to know where I was getting into.

"Oh, no no. I'm moving here and while my house is not totally prepared for me to move in, I'm staying in this hotel."

"Oh, that's good! I like LA to be honest, I just arrived today but I feel much more connected with this place already."— we stopped in front of my room.

"I hope you like it in here. You said you were a little tired of your city but I really think you will miss your parents, friends, your house, your old life...I don't know how long you're thinking about staying here but one week is the sufficient to start missing it."

"I really don't think so, Sarah. This day was better than an entire month I used to have in my city. Here I have everything I need, not in there."

"Uhm well, if you say so, I'll believe you. See you tomorrow then?"— she caressed my shoulder.

"Yes, of course. And thank you very much one more time."— I hugged her again and got inside.

So this is what I call living a life!
Letting things happen without any expectations.
And this is just the beginning.
Sarah was a surprise for me, I feel like I can count on her but she stills suspicious at the same time.
My trust issues are not really easy to deal with but I always heard it's important to don't trust in someone you just met about twenty minutes ago! Even more if she is already offering to help you and give you money.
Or maybe after all, there are still good people in this world.