Then he grabbed your wrist and pulled you from your chair.

You wanted to pull away, to demand he let you go. But at the end of the day, Johnny's mind was made up. And there was no persuading him.

When you reached the Science Fiction section of the library, he popped open the window and climbed through. It wasn't necessarily high up from the ground, but it wasn't close to the grass either. Once Johnny was through, you peeked out over the edge. He stood a few feet below you, his arms extended upward. As you gulped, you began to climb out the window.

Here goes nothing.

You swung one leg over as you held onto the ledge. You swung over another leg and began to lower yourself down. As you continued your slow descent, your knees hit right above where Johnny's hands were outstretched. He helped you down, and when your fingers slipped, he already had his arm around you in preparation. You let out a small squeal as you fell into his arms the rest of the way.

Johnny's close proximity made you nervous, and you shoved yourself out of his grip. "Get off of me."

He laughed from behind you as you brushed the wrinkles out of your outfit. When you turned to face him, your face read nothing but disgust.

"You're no fun, princess."

"Well excuse me for not wanting to get into anymore trouble."

"But getting in trouble is fun."

You rolled your eyes and walked past him. With your arms folded across your chest, you headed for the road.

"Where do you think you're going?" He shouted.

"I'm not sure," you shuddered, "but somewhere far away from here."

His footsteps from behind you were light but urgent. A gentle hand came down on your shoulder.

"Are you alright?"

"Just peachy."

"Don't play games with me now, princess. Something's been bothering you all day, what is it?"

"I thought you liked the games."

"Not when the risk of your happiness is involved."

You pivoted on your heel to face him. You narrowed your eyes, trying to indicate any factors of lying. None were detected.

Out of the corner of your eye, you caught a glimpse of the large clock mounted onto one of the school walls.

3:45.

"Johnny, you still have time to make it to the dojo. Your class only started fifteen minutes ago."

He shook his head. "If I'm gonna show up late, I might as well not show up at all."

Kicking a pebble to the curb, he shoved his hands into his pockets. You tried to read his body language. Was he scared of showing up late because he was fearful of Kreese?

"Hey," he suggested then, "let's go to the beach."

It wasn't an invitation, but an idea. Knowing you had no choice, you followed behind him, walking all the way to his car. He peeled out of the parking lot and headed to freedom.
•••
"So how is the nerd going to cover for us while we're gone?" You asked.