♧⃘ twenty-six ♧⃘

Start from the beginning

"Oh, come on! Coke is so good." He argued, but took a sip. "Mm, I gotta agree with you though."

I snickered. "See what I mean? Peace Teas could definitely take over the universe."

"Coke and Peace Teas should get married."

"Uh, sorry but no. They're probably not a good duo."

"A boy can dream."

"Why the f*ck would you dream of Coke and Peace Teas getting married?" I wheezed.

"Why wouldn't you?" He replied.

"Meh, you have a point." I shrugged, then took a drink out of the can.

The car was swallowed in total silence, until Tommy started talking again.

"What time is it? I'm too lazy to check my phone."

"Deez nuts." I yawned.

"Seriously. You're such a child." Tommy accused.

"Oh, look who's talking. Do you want to talk about those things you said right before we went and saw Wilbur?" I turned to him.

"What things?" He asked innocently.

"Oh, you know, just-" A hand covered my mouth before I could continue.

"Haha-" I licked it. "WHAT-" Tommy removed his hand instantly, and I started laughing while pulling out my phone.

I checked the time. "It's 11:56 PM."

"So it's almost midnight?" Tommy sat up in his seat.

"Yep. Goodnight. Wait, Wil. Are you sure you are wanting to drive any longer? I could substitute." I winked.

"Juniper, first of all, no. That's illegal." Wilbur replied.

"Yeah, that orange juice sh*t was also illegal. For us children, at least. Anyways, continue."

"Mhm. Second of all, don't go to bed yet."

"Why? I'm tired.." I whined, crouching more than necessary in my seat.

"Because your birthday is in like, what, 4 minutes? Maybe 3 now."

I groaned. "But it's not even a big deal. It's literally just a day indicating that I'm older."

"But Junie, you will be my age! Very cool, very poggers." Tommy shoved my arm softly.

"I know for a fact you did not just use 'poggers' out of context." I gave him a death stare.

"Hey, it wasn't out of context. It was for your birthday!" He put both of his hands up, and I gave out a laugh.

"Yeah, okay."

The last minutes of being 16 passed surprisingly quickly.

When I was younger, I definitely took birthdays more seriously.

You got gifts, and cake, etc. But what does that matter now? It just means more responsibilities, and reminding you that you won't stay young forever.

And as I grew into 14, I only had my friend Cate and, well, Corin. Of course I had my parents, but that was when they started fighting a lot.

I'm surprised they aren't divorced.

But I'm happy they aren't.

Then again, it might've been better if they did.

No, I hate parents getting divorced.

But if it would've stopped the fighting I heard every night at that young of age, I would've taken it.

I was pulled back into my senses, and checked my phone.

11:59 PM
June 24, 2021

No New Notifications

One more minute.

I sat back in my seat and took a deep breath.

This is my first birthday not being with my parents.

They were never good anyways.

...Right?

"Happy birthday Junipy!" Tommy exclaimed, shutting his phone off.

"Oh great, another nickname." I snickered.

"Happy birthday, Juniper. Really, you deserve the world." Nephitie smiled.

Niki and Wilbur looked at each other, then nodded. "Happy b-day, Juniper. I'm so glad we could be here with you."

"We all do. And, this does not give you any permission to drink any more vodka sh*t." Wilbur looked at me.

"Hey, that one is on you buddy." I looked back at him.

We all laughed, and finally, for the first time in years, my birthday might be off to a good start.

"Hey, you got presents you know." Tommy laughed, then handed me a gift bag. "This one is from Wilbur. Well, I think it is. It's not mine, so..."

"Oh yeah, Niki watch the road please, I want to watch this."

"You didn't need to get me any presents, I swear to god if this is any expensive-" I took the paper out of the bag and picked up the item inside.

a/u; before I continued writing, I asked Lily what gift Wilbur would get Juniper for her birthday. she said "I don't know, what would Juniper get Juniper for her birthday?" and i said orange juice spiked vodka (idk if i even said that right omg) and then she gave me the death stare and i died bc of the death stare

true story.

"Wil!" I held the 4 Lovejoy concert tickets dated for July 16th.

"They were free for me, so you can't be mad." He grinned.

I felt my eyes watering, then suddenly the car shook.

"Guys..." Niki whispered. "We might be stuck in a ditch."

I WAS GOING TO HAVE IT BE A MAJOR CAR CRASH AND HAVE A CUTE MOMENT IN THE HOSPITAL WITH TOMMY AND JUNIPER

BUT NO

LILY HAD TO CONVINCE ME TO HAVE IT ONLY BE SLIGHTLY DANGEROUS

UGH

THANK HER IF YOU WANT ‼️

maybe i'll even still make a cute tommy and juniper moment

who knowsssssssss