I3

4 MONTHS LATER

Rosie's Pov.

Five weeks in Paris France turned into 4 months and renting a flat with a french study abroad student (Nick) who just happened to be from Ireland and just might've happened to become my boyfriend..

Our "friendly flat buddies only" rule didn't last but three weeks and now tomorrow I fly to Ireland with Nick for three days on holiday and then he flys back with me to New York to meet my parents and spend Christmas with me.

Cade's Pov.

It's been four months since I met Rosie and I've just now begun to accept that what we had was nothing but a friendly encounter.. I left Paris two months ago and I'm staying with my brother in New York. Tomorrow I leave to visit my great great grandpa who is a hundred and ten, or something like that.. but anyways my parents bought a little family vacation for us to go on holiday to Ireland to visit great gramps. I have never met him but I've heard he is really amazing and has lived a great life, I'm really excited to meet him and catch up on all I haven't been there to see.

Rosie's Pov.

"Hey Ro, should we go to the bistro and get some lunch then to the market and get the rest of our things for the trip?" Nick says ironing his shirt

"Yeah! Let me just give Phillip his medicine" I say grabbing the allergy medicine for Phillip (our cat)

"Oh, i can do it..you go finish getting ready."

After Nick gives Phillip his meds and I grab my purse we head out of our flat and head into town to get our favorite pastries..

"Their Macarons look really good today, do you want me to get you one?" Nick asks

"Oh no that's ok, I'm felling more of a hazelnut crepe... you go ahead and get one though." I say shifting uncomfortably.

After we grab our sweets we take them for a walk and head over to the market and grab some snacks for the road, I buy a new winter coat, Nick buys two jumpers, we both get matching Christmas Stockings for the holiday and some snacks for the trip.

We walk back to our flat and it's starting get dark, I'm not surprised with how late we got up.

The Holiday lights are so beautifully strung across the tops of the flats and the shops, swooping down to the windows, and crisscrossing each other as they themselves twinkle as if they were little snow angels.

I let out a little sigh and Nick grabs my hand.

As we pass a shop window I catch a glimpse of my reflection.

Same me.

When I stare at the window I see the side of Nicks head and I'm reminded of the back of Cade's head at the airport walking past the sliding glass doors. waiting for him to turn around and look at me..