1

"Here you are... Are you all set? Did you forget anything?"
My mom says as I am about to depart for two weeks.

"No I think I have everything." I say reassuring her.

I have never been away from my parents for this long, but when my aunt offered to pay for a "life changing" trip to anywhere I wanted for 2 weeks for a birthday present, of course I had to accept it.

My chosen destination is Paris

I told my aunt I chose Paris because it was only 8 hours (due to layovers) away and i like long trips.

But of course that was not true. I chose Paris why most teen girls would choose it.

It's "the city of love"

or was it "the city of lights"?

I don't know.. But I'm hoping I will be able to take some amazing pictures, read on a bench by the Eiffel Tower while sipping on hot tea and eating pastries.

And luckily my dream might come true, as cliché as it might be.

"Hello, Rosie? Are you listening?" My mom says, trying to snap me out of my day dream.

"Yeah I'm all set, and I didn't forget anything." I say distracted

"Ok you better go or you will miss your flight... Love you so much sweetie, be careful and call me as soon as you land. Oh! I almost forgot, your father said he will pick you up and he's sorry he couldn't make it and that he sends his love" My mom says while not holding back tears.

I give her a hug, and wave good bye.

I'm on my way.