Maya & Jonathan IV

Start from the beginning

"You're so beautiful." He says, and I lower my eyes instantly. In an attempt to hide, I reach for him. But he keeps me pinned. As he watches me squirm, delight lights up in his eyes. But it changes the dynamics for me completely.

"I don't know what we are." I blurt out. And maybe I just have a knack for ruining nice things for myself because I just wait. His smile falls a little.

"I told you you think too much."

"After today, we can conclude that you do, too." I frown. "Look. I just don't want my head fucked with. I'm sure you don't want that either. Everything about today could've been avoided. I just need to know where we are right now."

His grip on me relaxes and he sits up. For a moment I feel like I've fucked up everything, but then he helps me up as well. I stare at him, patiently waiting for an opinion.

"I mean, it's not fully up to you. I just want to know where you stand."

He inhales deeply and looks me in the eyes. Discomfort rises in my tummy but I hide it. "I have something to tell you."

I nod. "Tell me." The silence is killing me.

"Don't...don't give me any sympathy. I hate that shit."

I nod again.

"The first girlfriend I ever had was when I was seventeen. I loved her a lot even though I'm sure she didn't feel even a quarter of it back. Before that I only used to sleep around. One day I went to meet my best friend because my father was having one of his good days and he asked me to go out and have fun, and I found my girlfriend riding him on his couch. I beat him and cussed her out and went back home. But I was too late, my father was gone."

His words knock the breath out of me. Jonathan loved his father, but lung cancer took him away. He was orphaned after that until he finished college and got himself a business degree and started his own bar. Now he's untouchable. But this is something Jonathan had never told me.

"When I saw you with him, I felt the same emotions. The pain, the anger, the loss. I couldn't even lay my eyes on you without wanting to break something." He says, but there's regret in his voice.

"I'm sorry for what you've been through." I say, rising up and pulling him into my chest. "I'm sorry for how I made you feel."

He chuckles against my chest, position clearly awkward for him but I can't let go.

"You're my best friend. I would do anything for you." I press my lips into his hair. And then frown. "Is that what we're going to be? Just friends?"

He looks up at me, grazing his stubble against my bare chest. I shudder. "Is that what you want?"

I don't want to say anything. I just want to be his and I don't know how to tell him that. I reach down and nibble on his mouth until he pushes me down and latches onto my neck. His teeth and lips take turns as I slowly start to lose the progression of my thoughts.

"Friends who like to put their hands in each other's pants." His hand slides under my panties and cups me brazenly. I mumble his name, trembling. "Friends who like to leave parties early to come home and fuck. Friends who like to put on a useless show on Netflix and fuck. Friends who like to make breakfast before one friend bends over the other friend over the counter and makes her -"

"I think I get it." I say with a snort, even though my insides are wound up so tight it hurts.

"Is that what you want?" His face is devoid of humour.
He senses the hesitation in me and lowers his face to mine. "Or tomorrow I can eat your pussy in the pantry and let everyone know what's up."