Chapter 14: Soon to be?

Start from the beginning

"Where's Jay and Emma?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Em is at Matt's and Jay is at some technical programming workshop or something with Javier."

"We heard our names?" A soft voice spoke from behind. I turned around to see Emma and Matteo standing by the backyard entrance.

"Hey lovebirds, Leo was just asking where you guys were." Lea waved.

"Leo, my man." Matteo walked forward and dapped me. "Bro I heard you told Hades that Lea's your girlfriend?" He whispered.

"Long story. Don't ask."

"Let's catch up now, shall we?" Emma suggested as we took seats on the chairs and talked.

[At Gladius's warehouse] [Nate's pov]

"Threatening didn't work" I groaned.

"Yeah your blue-black, swelled up eye, bruised nose, lips and neck make that quite clear." Gladius scoffed.

"Not funny, uncle."

"Quite funny actually. None of my men have once been able to even break their limbs let alone kill them and now you're just one of them."

"No! I didn't lose. I actually had a bug planted right under Xander's office table" I smirked.

"You went inside the house?! You sure no one caught you?" he asked.

"The hackers had gone out so the security room was open to access and the footage deletion process became much easier."

"One smart thing you've done in months. Good job." He patted my back. "What did the dumb bitch do then?"

"Scarlett? Oh she's the one who planted the bug"

"WHAT THE HELL?! I take my previous words back. You're gonna get us killed, you moron!"

"Chill, jesus, she did just fine"

"How do you know that she did it properly?"

"Because I did" A squeaky, shrill voice spoke. "This isn't my first rodeo. I'm not as dumb as you think ya know?" Scarlett scoffed.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure you're dumber" Gladius rolled his eyes.

"Yeah? At least I was able to pull all that shit alone unlike your 14 dumb men" She hissed.

"I'm gonna go get some popcorn for this" I said as I walked away to the pantry.

They kept yelling for quite a while now.

"You have gotta learn to trust me more!" Scarlett yelled.

"And you have gotta learn to use your brain instead of your vagina more!" Gladius yelled back.

I walked back in with the popcorn bowl and sat on the chair.

"You asshole! You wanna see smart? I'll show you smart. Look in your tab" Scarlett pointed at the tablet kept on the table.

"What?"

"Pick it up, switch it on and look in it dammit!"

Gladius picked up the tab and played a video.

"We have a very important shipment to pick up tonight" Xander spoke.

"Where?" Dario asked.

"Marion Doc, at 9 pm"

"Alright, let's go prepare"

*footsteps fading and door shutting*

"So you gonna kill someone tonight?"

"Nah I still don't have a full proof plan. Only the base" I replied with irritation. "I'm just gonna keep giving them small small bruises until it turns to a bloodbath"

"You still don't have a plan?!" Gladius exclaimed.

"Something keeps coming in the way for god sake! I just have to full proof. Make sure there are no errors"

Azalea's pov:

Papa asked me to go to this shipment pick up with him and uncle Gio. Emma was coming with us today. Once every one or two months, papa takes Emma to these things with us and she honestly can't handle it but it's good for her training and all.

We reached the doc by 8:55 and waited for the drop off. As soon as the drop off was about to happen.

*gunshots*

Seriously? again? This is getting ridiculous now. We all pulled out our guns and started shooting back.

Skull masks. It's Gladius again.

*loud groan*

"Emma!" I yelled as I ran to her. Blood covering her palms which were over her stomach, groaning in pain,she fell down.

"The men are running back!" Uncle Gio yelled.

"Bting out the damn car, we gotta take her to the hospital!" I yelled as tears filled my eyes.

"Emma! Em! Don't shut your eyes...do whatever the hell you want but do not shut your eyes!" I instructed as I softly slapped her cheeks, tyring to get her to stay awake.

We reached the hospital and she was taken into the ICU.

The rest of our families came to the hospital in worry.

"Where's Emma?!" Matteo asked.

"In the ICU" I sighed.

"Will she be okay?"

"She's a strong girl. She'll be just fine" I rubbed his back.

"Please god let her be okay" Matteo sobbed as he hugged me. Digging his face into my shoulders, I felt the fabric getting wet from his tears.

"Don't cry Matt. She's strong. You're here for her. She'll be alright." I chanted repeatedly as I rubbed his back.

[2 hours later]

"Doctor how is she?" I asked. "Dr. Evans, how is Emma?!"

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! I'm seriously out of all motivation rn but imma still write for y'all so eh anyway, How is Emma? Is she okay? What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out.