Part 2 - Chapter 4.2

We got off the carriage a distance from the slums . I had something to show him . 

"Wear this" I instructed , ordering him to wear the black cloak i brought with me, wearing my cloak at the same time . 

He silently obeyed , not asking questions but still on guard . 

"Follow me ."

We walked a short distance , entering the slums . Passing him a simple silver ring with a mana stone set in it's center , i said ,"Put that on ."

"Why should i ? It's another contract stone right? As if i'll do it , what do you take me as , stupid?"

Oh so you want to play it that way , well , too can play it that way . 

"No dumbass , it's an anti-eavesdropping magic tool, recently invented and quite popular for secret discussions . " I replied in the same manner, placing a similar ring on my finger  . 

With trepidation  , he placed the ring on his finger , checking to see whether he could take it off at will . 

Well , i won't judge you for checking .  Having tested that it was safe, he placed it on his finger . 

"Pour mana into it to activate. No worries , it uses only a miniscule amount . "

(A/N: Bold words means that others can't hear those words .)

He did as instructed , testing it by saying , "Why are we here ?"

Walking the familiar route , i replied , "As mentioned earlier , disease is rampant in the slums as of late, which will only worsen come winter . "

"And.....?"He prompted . I just kept silent , continuing to walk . 

After a long and silent walk , we arrived at a point close to the outskirts of the slums , in front of a large two story building . 

Old and run down , the building looked worse for wear , as if it could collapse at any moment . It had a loose and rusting fence around it that did nothing about intruders , with a faded sign reading "Church of Amberleigh" . 

Amberleigh , one of the angels that descended from the garden above during the age of demons . Representing love , she was one of the Goddess' faithful angels . In the legends of yore , it was said that she possessed unparalleled beauty , descending from the skies to heal the wounded and injured , with affection and warmth . 

(A/N : Read the revised Introduction to P2 , it has been changed to 'P2 - Prologue')

"We are here . " I announced, proceeding to enter the building . 

" Noticed how there was lesser people out ? You noticed yourself , did you not ? " I pointed out , making my way to the room adjacent to the chapel. 

He nodded , following me . 

"W-what is this !??" He shouted in shock , thankfully no one could hear him. I just gave him time to observe the people lying on the many beds in the room , with most being children, with tear-stricken adults lying next the the beds. 

The victims all looked white as a sheet , cold sweat pouring out of their thin and stick-like bodies . 

"Look familiar?" I asked , even knowing how hurtful it was to him, but some things needed to be said. 

He just stood there, lost . 

"H-how i-is this possible? The disease was eradicated 3 years ago . " He said , half-deranged. 

"I-it can't be true ...... IT CAN'T, RIGHT ? " He shouted hysterically , gripping my shoulders and shaking me . 

Calmly extracting the hands that were hurting my shoulders , i spoke coldly , " It can and it has happened . "