"Well, my current address is the RMS Titanic. After that, I'll go wherever life takes me," He grinned.

"I suppose you enjoy that sort of reckless, bohemian style living, don't you," Rosa sneered as as the waiters approached and served each guest their salad.

Luke went to go grab a fish fork from the 10 different types that sat in front of him. Julie gave a subtle head shake and gestured towards the salad fork. Luke nodded and grabbed the right one.

"Well, Ms. Molina, I guess I do. I have everything I need right here with me. I have a few blank sheets of paper and the air in my lungs, all I need to survive. I enjoy waking up in the morning, not knowing where I'm going or who I'm gonna meet. Just a week or two ago I was sleeping on a bench and now I'm drinking champagne with you fine people on the greatest ship in the world" He took a sip of his drink before continuing. "Life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what's gonna happen next so you gotta make each moment count."

"Well said, Luke," Molly complimented.

"Cheers," One of the well-dressed men exclaimed, raising his glass.

Julie followed, nodding at Luke as she spoke. "To making it count."

"And how do you get around, Mr. Patterson? It seems you've been everywhere," Rosa huffed, frustrated with the fact that Luke had scored a point against her.

Luke shrugged.

"I work my way from place to place usually. I actually won my ticket for the Titanic in a lucky hand at poker." He glanced over at Julie and smiled. "A very lucky hand."

"All life is a game of luck, ain't it?" Someone said with a laugh.

"Real men make their own luck," Nick claimed, peering over at Luke with a look of superiority. Luke stared back with a smile, trying not to show that he was intimidated. Their little stare-off was interrupted by Julie putting a hand on Nick's shoulder.

"Hey, Nick, what time is it?"

"You can read a clock, Julie," Nick complained.

Luke looked down at his food with a smile. He was smitten, no doubt about it.

An hour or so later the meal was finished and dessert was being served. Julie leaned over towards Luke and whispered. "Next the boys will leave for brandies in the Smoking Room."

Luke laughed, though less than a minute later one of the men stood up and declared, "Well, gentleman, join me for a brandy?"

The other men all muttered in agreement and began rising from their seats. Julie leaned in again and spoke to Luke in a low whisper. "Next they'll sit in a cloud of smoke and congratulate each other on being masters of the universe."

As Nick straightened his tie, he looked at Luke with a raised eyebrow. "Joining us, Patterson? Wouldn't want to stay here with the woman!"

Luke couldn't say it, but he's much rather spend his time with Julie than those hollow airheads. Instead of speaking his thoughts, he just set his napkin down on the table and sighed. "I actually think I'll head back now."

"Eh, probably best," Nick smirked. "We'll just be talking politics and things of that sort. Nothing that would interest you."

Nick turned and followed after the others. Julie looked at Luke with a pout. "Must you go, Luke?"

"Time for my coach to turn back into a pumpkin," He shrugged. As he grabbed her hand, he slipped a folded up note into her palm. He nodded with a smile and left the table.

Julie scowled at him as he navigated the enormous room and approached the door. She looked down at the wrinkled paper in her hands and unfolded it under the table.

'Make it count. Meet me by the clock.'

Words: 1245

Hey yall! How are you? My life's shit, thanks for asking

Hey yall! How are you? My life's shit, thanks for asking. Remember to vote and comment if you can! None the less, thank you for being here and reading this story. Love you guys!

Shoutout to -kikixvii . She is so awesome. Her books are great and shes just hilarious. Go follow her if you don't already!

xoxo

zona <3