Chapter 10 - I'm Sorry

This is really short. Sorry.

Zayn’s P.O.V.

            “After the funeral, we leave,” Louis said firmly, his suitcase in hand.

            “But what about Liam?” I asked, my heart beating hard, “I can’t leave him Lou, I promised him I wouldn’t,”

            “Then get him to come with us. Harry agreed to come with me,” Louis said. Yes, he and Harry might as well be dating already. The only reason they technically weren’t was because Louis still had to break things off with Eleanor back at home.

            “Liam isn’t like Harry,” I said, “He thinks things through. It’s probably scary, Louis. They are leaving behind the only life they have ever known,”

            “You make it sound like we are dragging them off to execution,” Louis snorted, shaking his head at me. I groaned and sat on my hotel bed, running my hands through my hair. I needed to think of something that would get Liam to come with me. I needed to. “Just tell the silly boy that you love him. Give him a big speech about him being the one.”

            “Louis, it isn’t that simple,” I said, because things had never been simple with Liam. I still didn’t understand why I felt like I did around him. Liam was still an amazing mystery to me. Fate had blessed me.

            “Well,” Louis said, “Do what you like, but I am leaving in my car with Harry, right after the funeral.”

            I nodded, and Louis left my hotel room leaving me alone. What was I going to do? I had to go back home, but I couldn’t leave Liam.

            I got up and hopped in the shower, turning it on scolding hot and letting the scorching water relax my muscles. I could do this. I just had to convince him that there was a better life for him with me. A better life than being a waiter in a small town diner.

            When I was done in the shower I got out and dried off, grabbing my black slacks and my black button down shirt. It was a nice outfit for the funeral. Hopefully Liam would like it…

            What the hell is wrong with me? The poor lad won’t be checking me out; he’ll be mourning over the loss of his only remaining family. God, I needed to get a grip. I met up with Louis in the hallway, and we walked together, out of the hotel and down the road towards the church in the distance. People all around us were walking in the same direction. Literally, it was almost everyone in town. I guess when there aren’t many people in one place, you know everyone. This death didn’t just affect Liam, it affected the entire population of this town.

            “I feel so out of place,” Louis said as we stepped into the church. I had to agree. People were staring at us and looking at us almost angrily. Apparently none of them knew that I was dating Liam and that Harry was leaving the town with Louis. They must think we are still outsiders, strangers, and people who were just passing through. They probably thought we were intruding.

            I walked over to Liam who was at the front of the church by the open casket. Tears were on his face, but I couldn’t help to admire his body in his black suit. It looked pretty damn sexy.

            “Hey, baby,” I said, wrapping my arm around him and kissing his head. He fell into my body suddenly, grabbing my shirt with his hand.

            “Hi,” He managed to say.

            Okay, now people were staring. Louis was sitting with harry in one of the wooden pews a couple rows back, but I didn’t retreat and hide like an animal. I stayed with Liam and took the strange looks that I was receiving. I didn’t care what people thought, as long as Liam was happy and safe.

            “Are you going to give a speech?” I asked.

            “Yeah,” He nodded, pulling a piece of paper from him pocket. I nodded back to him and  kissed his head again.

            “You’ll be fine,” I said, “It’s all okay,”

            Liam nodded numbly as the priest took the floor, pulling out the microphone and waiting for the ceremony to begin.

            “I’ll be with Harry and Louis, right there, okay baby?” I asked. Liam nodded, and walked towards the priest as I walked to my seat.

            Twenty minutes later, the entire church was sobbing as Liam finished his speech. I didn’t even know his grandmum, but I mourned her loss greatly. After listening to Liam talk about her, you could feel the bond that they shared. You could just feel it. You could also feel his terror, and how broken his heart was. Liam did really well speaking, and after the ceremony we walked outside to the graveyard together. As they lowered to casket into the ground, Liam was in my arms again, and people continued to stare. Dear goodness, you’d think that they’d at least have some respect at a funeral. Once it was over, people came over to say a farewell and a, ‘she will be greatly missed’ to Liam before leaving. Each of them gave me a dirty look, even a young girl who looked to be six years-old. She scrunched up her face and stuck her tongue out at me. Why did they all hate me? Then the little girl said, ‘Mommy told me that you turned Liam gay’. Her mother had escorted her away quickly, not once looking at me. Please just let this funeral be over already.

            When everyone was finally gone Liam kissed me softly on the lips, “I’m sorry about them,”

            “Don’t be,” I said even though I was hiding my true emotions, “They are allowed to have their own opinions,”

            Honestly though, I was angry. So what, I loved Liam? Get the fuck over it.

            “Have you thought about coming with me?” I asked when I saw Harry and Louis laughed by the church’s doors. "Back to my home?"

            “Yeah, I have,” He said.

            “What do you think, Liam? Come with me?” I asked hopefully.

            “No,” He said, “I’m sorry, Zayn. I just can’t leave this place behind.”

____________________________________________________________________

One or two more chapters and it's done!

VOTE!
FAN!
COMMENT!

:)