Chapter 2 - They Are All The Talk

Chapter 2! Wohoo! I hope this story does well, I'm really excited to be writing it...so...yeah...

READ ON!

Liam’s P.O.V.

            Louis and Zayn were sure to be the talk of the town for a solid week. I was glad that I had picked up on their names, and would be able to have some knowledge about these strangers. I knew that Louis was engaged, and that they were a best friend, that’s something. Harry said that they would be gone by the next day, but for some reason, there was something about the generous tip I received that told me otherwise. For some strange reason, I didn’t want Zayn to leave. He was far too intriguing and mysterious. His tan skin, his black hair, the way his fedora sat on top of his head, the way he laughed, the way he stared at me the entire time he was in the diner. He was trying to hide it, but I was very aware of my surroundings. From the moment he first looked at me, he wouldn’t stop staring. What did I do? I really hoped that I didn’t do anything wrong. I was just trying to be a good waiter.

            “Liam, time to lock up,” Harry called, walking out of the kitchen and throwing his apron on a table.

            “Yeah,” I sighed, “It’s been a long day,”

            “Agreed,” Harry breathed. He helped me get everything together and close up shop. We locked up, and then stood on the sidewalk, looking up at the sky for awhile—something that we did whenever we were the last two people working. Harry and I had this obsession with stars, ever since we were young boys. We were next door neighbors back then, and hung out a lot. We stargazed every chance we could get. But, once my parents died, I just moved in with my grandmum. Harry and I would still hang out and play, but not as frequently. Plus, we were in different grade levels in school, since I was older than him, so our time together was limited. But yet, we remained friends. In a town like this, keeping friends was easy, but loosing friends was incredibly hard.

            “You ever think you’re going to leave this town?” I asked softly. The quiet night air absorbed my words quickly, leaving us in an eerie yet calming silence.

            “No,” Harry shook his head, “This is all I’ve ever known,”

            I nodded.

            “What about you?” He asked.

I shrugged and squinted my eyes at the stars, “I can’t leave granny,”

“What about, you know, after she…” Harry trailed off, not wanting to finish his sentence. I sighed. I knew that granny couldn’t live forever, but I didn’t want to think about that. Not until she was on her deathbed.

“I dunno,” I rubbed my head.

“Maybe we’ll head out in the world together,” Harry said simply. I nodded, thinking about how nice it would be to spend time with Harry out in the world, exploring and discovering new places and new things.

“That’d be good,” I agreed.

“And maybe,” Harry said, “Maybe new people won’t be as interesting then. Maybe the two guys from tonight will just be more people that we never get to truly know,”