Chapter 37: New Friends

Mazikeens POV

I was in a bar called Rousseau's. I was eating some Gumbo and talking with my new bartender friend, Camille. Or as she prefers, Cami. She's blonde, with medium length hair. Blue eyes. She's 5'6'.

We both have a knack for obtaining as much information as I can juice from anyone, anywhere.

If Nik loves me for one thing it's my mind. My mental strength. And my attitude, but my stability; my ability to handle him. His temper of a madman , mood swings like a bipolar, pregnant women, and his stupid choices, that I don't judge him for. Thats why we're good together.

He's the darkness that makes me beam and I'm the light that's chases away his demons from within.

"Abnormal psychology, that a new one. I'm starting at Rosalawn tomorrow," I jest as she pours me a drink, she's compelled to think I'm above age.

"Yeah, for what?"

"I love art and want to be a educator of sorts," I say then finish off the last bites of my gumbo. I feel a bit of nausea wash over me so I take a drink and shake my head. "Bad taste in my mouth."

"I can relate," she laughs.

-

A dark-skinned man falls in step next to me. "Can I help you?"

"You can tell me what your doing in vampire country, wolf," he spat.

"Walking, as you can see. And, by rights, I belong here, too."

"What rights?"

"Because, I'm-," I was cut off with the sound of my neck crunching.

-

I snap my eyes open to see three men surrounding me. Two dark skinned men one with a buzz it the other with his hair in a Afro of sorts. A fair-skinned man with a weird hat on.

(A/N: sorry if Diego's hair style is incorrect. I'm not familiar with African American hair and culture. Please, correct me if I'm wrong!)

"Bitch," I groan.

"She speaks, I'm Marcel Gerard, Diego, Thierry. But you, wolf, are in my town," the buzzcut man prods as he pulls out wolfsbane. My heads been down this whole time.

"In the quarter, a vampire cannot harm another vampire. You'd be breaking your own rules, Mar-cel," I state with high sarcasm as I break up his name.

"Your a mutt not one of us," the one introduced as Diego says. I flash my hybrid eyes.

"I'm a hybrid. Part werewolf, part vampire," I look up with a smile.

"Your the women from his paintings," Marcel mutters in realization.

"I'm Maze, Mazikeen Forbes. I'm not from here."

"Where are you from," the fair skinned man asks.

"Virginia. A small town, that like this, that is filled to the brim with supernaturals. Mystic Falls," I lick my dry lips. "My friends are also there. They're not people you want to mess with."

"What's your people gonna do? Howl at the moon," Diego jests. "Bite us?"

"No. But I'm kinda important to a supernaturally powerful family," they look confused. "Well, here's something to jog your memory, Marcel," I pull out my Mikaelson crest necklace. He gulps. "Rebekah's my bestfriend."

"Re-Rebekah? How is she," Marcel asks nonchalantly.

"Marcel Gerard," I connect the dots. "Your the guy. Marcel Gerard. She still talks about, you know? She loved you."

He clears his throat. "I'll make you a deal. Tell me why're you in the French quarter, don't bite my guys, and don't tell the originals I'm alive. In return, you can live in peace, well trade information, and stay clear of my guys. I'll stay out of your hair if you stay from mine. Deal," he asks as he removes the binds.

"I'm in the quarter because before I turned to a vampire, werewolf, hybrid or even knew about all of this," I gesture around. "I applied for Rosalawn Preforming Arts Academy. I'm only eighteen, and I want to learn about my real origins. I was adopted. Human,cop mom. Human, abusive dad. Neurotic, control freak older sister who was human then was killed by Katherine Pierce, becoming a vampire. Then me. The outcast. See, I killed myself and had my sister blood in my system after a school fight. I went home, took some high dosed pills, and went to sleep. I woke up in two vampire's house. Then, came a ritual. I met my psychotic, original mate. I killed his witch on a full moon. Guess what happens next? Every bone in my body starts breaking apart. I became a hybrid."

"Wow, that's a lot for a young girl. Go live your life, I'll keep 'em from you. Maybe we could all have a drink sometime," Marcel smiles, showing his perfect, pearly teeth.

"Ok, later," I speed out. That was the weirdest moment of my life, I shake my head and go to my motel room.

-

I've been on my phone for about an hour texting my fiancé when my phone starts ringing.

Lockwolf.

"What, Tyler?"

"He bite her! Klaus bit Caroline and he won't cure her," he panics. I freeze.

"What, slow down. Why?"

"I don't know! He just bit her without reason!"

I don't buy what he's selling. Not as far as I can throw a paper plane.

"I'll talk to him, bye now!"

I hang up and press Nik's contact.

"Hello, my love," his voice says form the other end.

"Heal her."

"Pardon? Did you just command me," he growls.

"I think you've forgotten who your talking to, Nik. Don't growl at me, mister. And, yes. I command your to heal my big sister."

"And if I don't," he snarks.

"If my sister dies, you'll never see me again. And if you make her suffer for kicks, and I find out, no sensual activities for... a week after I come back."

"None," he, basically, pouts front he other end.

"Not one. And trust me, I went shopping at a little Bourbon street store," I say in singsong voice.

"Consider her healed, Luna. I have got to go, save lives and all," I could hear his sexy smirk from here. "Oh, Luna?"

"Yes, Nik," I ask sweetly.

"I wouldn't have let her die. I couldn't ever take your sister away like they took my brothers," he was immediately downcasted.

"I am sorry about it. Finn was your brother," I missed the brothers part until I realized. "Wait, brothers? What happened, Nik?"

"Kol is dead. Jeremy and Elena Gilbert killed him. I need to go. Consider Caroline spared."

The line ends and I can tell he needs me. I start class tomorrow, so maybe this weekend I'll drive up. I can tell he needs some time, but I want to be here for him. I want him to not clam up.

I drift off after seconds of contemplating life in Mystic Falls.

Music Falls sucks!

-

(A/N):

Filler chapter.