Memory Route - Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

He knew that Melissa was quirkless that she could possibly hinder this mission. Hawks wasn't trying to be mean, but it came across that way.

Melissa felt her heart rate pick up a little. There was a tiny bit of regret gnawing at the back of her mind. More than anything, she was worried that she may do more harm than good. She tried to push it away. (No, this is what I want to do. I want to help them in any way that I can.)

She kept a strong face. "I may not be up to everyone else's level when it comes to fighting, but I can help out in other ways. Even if I can't do that, I promise to keep up with the others. I won't fall behind or slow us down."

Izuku stood closer next to Melissa. Instead of doubting her, he believed in her. "I second that. She's more than capable with whatever this mission brings us."

He then gave her a genuine smile to give her more reassurance. "I know she's strong."

Melissa smiled right back at him. His smile seemed to give her strength, warming her heart and making her feel stronger. "Thank you."

"Out with it, birdbrain!" Katsuki hissed as he didn't want to waste any more time. He hated mindless chatter.

Hawks sighed as he started to tell them briefly about Satoko. How she's in danger by her kidnappers.

"It's not the League of Villains," He continued. "They have a lot of power. You may know them as the Commission. What I plan to do is ambush them, but I couldn't do it myself."

Izuku was shocked to hear about that. He started muttering to himself about concrete plans in his head. He paused. "Something doesn't seem right with me. Why us?"

"You're the only ones I can count on." Hawks gave a half truth. "I've heard and seen what you're capable of. It's very impressive." He then shrugged. "As for being suspicious over Satoko, she's rescued one of your classmates before. Shoto Todoroki."

"What does she look like?" Izuku asked.

Once Hawks started explaining Satoko's appearance, Ochako and Katsuki realized that she was the woman from the other night.

Ochako always did believe that she was a good person. She wasn't aware that she saved Shoto though. If it wasn't for her help, Momo and Shoto would both be dead. They definitely owed it to her to rescue her in return. Even if that wasn't the case, that was what a hero would do.

"Katsuki and I have seen her before," she pointed out. "She was being attacked in an alleyway, so we helped her out. I'm pretty sure the people attacking her weren't involved with the Commission though."

"Really..?" Hawks wanted to question it, but Satoko could be getting hurt. The Commission are really powerful people. Even she's no match for them.

"I need an answer this very moment. Are you with me? Or will you back out? I'm leaving it up to you." Hawks waited for everyone's answers as he was sure they couldn't turn down saving someone.

...

When Shigaraki started to wake up, he expected to be greeted by the same warmth he fell asleep to. However, he felt cold. Something was missing. He sat up quickly, looking around. "Satoko?"

She was nowhere to be seen in the room. He looked around the entire building calling out her name. She truly wasn't there.

He knew that he had to look around for her. He was reluctant to step outside due to the risk of getting arrested. He didn't bring his family's hands with him. He changed into a hoodie to cover his head and walked out.

He didn't see any sign of her. Not until he walked into a long alley, anyway.

The alleyway has low traffic, so whoever did this may have figured Shigaraki to go this route.