A Golden Opportunity

'Free him...'

'...'

'You must free him...'

'...'

'Free him...'

'...'

'He will help...'

"AH!" Your body pulsed with shock. A harsh cough erupted from your sore throat, causing you to wince and rub your neck as you slowly sat up. "...Ugh... My throat's... dry... And... my head... Uhg..." You groaned. Combing your fingers through your tangled hair, you weren't surprised to find a small bump on the back of your noggin. 'I must've passed out... My whole body feels... weird...' You opened your heavy eyes and rubbed the haze from them. "Wait... Wha..." Your eyes widened as you glanced around you. You frantically stumbled onto your feet and peered around at your surroundings.

You weren't in the house anymore.

"W-what the... How am I... What the heck is going on here?! W-where am I?!" You spun around in shock, staring into the dim void you were now standing in. It seemed unreal. You weren't in a room, and you weren't outside. This new place was just an endless mass of dark grey and black. The further from you, the darker it was. It seemed as though a light of some kind was above you- Or rather, reflecting from you, as if you had some sort of an invisible light bubble around your body. "Am I... Dreaming...?" You asked yourself. Your quiet and confused voice seemed to echo into the emptiness, and then everything fell silent once again. If this was a dream, then shouldn't you be able to wake up? But if you were somehow awake... Then who or what brought you here? Where even IS here? And WHEN was here...?

"...What is going on...? Where am I...?" You began a slow pace in front of you, your light steps echoing into the void as you proceeded forward. Your mind raced with thoughts and conclusions of why and how you got in this strange place. And they all made sense in some way or another, but then they didn't make any sense to you.

'Did William find me after I lost consciousness?'

'Did one of those horrible animatronics track me down while I was passed out and... Oh, geez...'

'Am I in a coma?'

'Did someone find me and rush me to a hospital?'

'Is this just a dream? A-am I still unconscious...?'

Reframing from thinking too much, you cleared your mind. Whatever was going on, you had to find a way out of this place. There had to be some kind of exit, somewhere that lead out of here, or something that could wake you up if you were dreaming. "This has to be a dream. I must be unconscious still. This- AH! What the...!" You jumped when your foot hit something on whatever surface you were currently walking on. Whatever it was, it'd made a crinckling sound when your foot had collided with it, almost like it was made of thick paper or something of a similar material. Your eyes darted to your shoe... And both of your brows furrowed with confusion at what the object was. You studied it for a moment before hesitantly bending down to pick the small item up. The item was decorative. It had polka-dots on it in various colors. Red, blue, green, pink, and orange, and the hat itself was a hue of purple. "Is this... a party hat...? What's it doing here...?"

"You're such a coward, ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎! What do you think he's gonna do, bite you?"

Your eyes widened at the sound of a boys voice. You dropped the party hat and looked ahead of you. There was an entrance doorway with a sign mounted above it. The letters on the sign were all blurred out, but you could make out to tell that the last word from the combo of three said 'Diner'. You approached the doorway as you heard another voice, one that belonged to a younger boy. His stuttering and sniffling gave away the fact that the young boy was on the verge of crying.