They'll Keep You Running

"Just keep running!" Ennard shouted. You and Yenndo were ahead, while Ennard trailed behind,  keeping a close distance on your heels. The lightning crackled across the sky and a harsh rumble of thunder followed causing you to flinch fearfully. The rain was heavy and it whipped down in thick streams. Yenndo had gasped and swerved around a large tree that had seemingly appeared out of nowhere, you and Ennard doing the same. "I can't believe he led us into an ambush!" Ennard angrily snarled. Yenndos sides were heaving. "Ennard, he tried to help us! What if he's seriously hurt? You saw the claws on that guy back there!" The endo cried out. Ennard only scoffed. "I could care less about what happens to that lying piece of scrap metal right now! He lied to us and now we're running through the woods like The Plague Dogs!" The clown retorted. Yenndo didn't have anything to say to that. Ennard was right... Your eyes watered at his harsh words. You knew he was mad. Beyond angry was a better term. But deep down you hoped that Springtrap was alright as well... Even after all of this craziness that he'd caused. But Yenndos words held ground, too. "Ennard, Yenndo has a point- He threw himself in front of that wolf animatronic to give us a chance to escape! What if something did happen to him?" You cried. Ennard could hear the heartbroken tone in your dry voice. He knew you had pity on the rabbit. His pale blue gaze had locked onto your E/C one before his angry expression softened. He slowed down, the two of you doing the same. "Y/N... We can't go back. That wolf animatronic... I'm sure he wasn't alone. If they catch us, then I don't know what they'll do. Especially with you..." Ennard sadly spoke. You grimaced at the thought of what that horrible animatronic might be capable of doing- And if he had others with him... The awful idea wasn't far fetched. Wolves never traveled alone. There was no telling of what other kind of animatronics his 'pack' would consist of. Or how many there would be, either.

The three of you had stopped under a large, low hanging oak tree. It provided some shelter from the harsh rain. Like the two endos, your sides were heaving and hurting from running for so long. None of you could remember how long it'd been since the wolf had showed up, but it felt like forever. You shivered from the cold air that blew to and fro as the storm continued. "This is a horrible time to be outside..." Yenndo shivered as a rumble of thunder boomed. Ennard could've given the endo a harsh glare at those stale words, especially at a moment like this, but his eyes were darting around the forest. He was trying his best to keep watch, but the rain was making it difficult to see through the darkness, and the howling wind was making it hard to hear for any danger. "Ennard..." The said endo immediately turned at the weak sound of your voice. His chest ached painfully as he noticed you were shivering. "...W-What are we gon-gonna do now...?" Your teeth chattered. Yenndo had gently wrapped his arms around you in an attempt to keep you warm. But he seemed to be shivering, too. His wires provided some kind of comfort. The endo looked at Ennard with expecting eyes, which proved him to be clueless of what to do as well. Ennard could only sigh hopelessly. "I... I don't know..."

"We're lost..."

- ▪︎▪︎▪︎ -

The bushes and shrubs gave way as three sets of large, animatronic paws crashed through the wet forest. Their massive feet left shrubs crushed and deep footprints where they landed. Taking the lead was the large brown bear, and following him were his two allies, the purple rabbit, and the yellow chicken. The bear had came to a stop and dipped his head to the ground. His black nose sniffed the wet dirt, smearing it on his snout. His icy gaze scaled the dirt and slowly looked upward and ahead with a half-lided expression.

Rain...

Dirt...

Mud...

Metal...

More... Metal...

The bear sniffed again, ignoring the harsh crack of thunder that rattled the sky. His eyes widened just the slightest.