CH6 - Destinies. . .

Start from the beginning

"What?!" I asked in a mocking tone as I raised an eyebrow at him. "Like some Spirit World Assassins? 'Cause if that's the bush you're beatin' around, then I say bring 'em on." If Miyuki was there, she would have smacked me in the head hard, but either way, I meant every word that left my brain, and now my mouth. I wouldn't mind to get some steam off on some assassin morons that are trying to take mine or Miyuki's life. I would gladly beat their ass up. Sure, Kuwabara is the same annoying punching bag, but still that's not really the same.

I need a real challenge here. Something that I can test my powers on for real without any interruptions like last time.

"What's wrong with you?" Princey exclaimed at me, and by the look in his eyes, he was clearly angry at my challenging spirit. "You have been foaming at the mouth of trouble ever since you and Miyuki had beaten up Sensui!" As soon as that came, my hands balled into fists making me look down at them infuriated, and frustrated as hell.

"I didn't." I reminded him in a small growl. "I didn't beat him. That Bastard took it away from me. " I once more repeated that same thing I had before leaving Demon World. "At least with new people, I could find out if he tried to take me over again." Maybe that is why that got my mood to just. . . challenge those assassins that Koenma informed me about.

I might never admit it but. . . this scared me. . .

But then the more I think about the challenge part more, I hear the question Hiei and Kurama had asked me not too long ago. . . That. . . what if I can't bear to not fight anyone. . .

This is all way to confusing, and it also felt even heavier than anything I had ever encountered in my life.

"Do you regret it Yusuke?" Koenma asked me this strange question out of the blue.

"Regret what?" I questioned under my breath as I turn my head to see the outside world through those blinders, only to find nothing other than the emptiness from the outside.

"Deciding to leave Demon World and come back home. . . " The statement knocked the air out of me like it felt like one big punch in my guts.

That never really crossed my mind since. . . I don't know, maybe because I thought it wasn't that important. However, now that I really think about it, that monster who took my fight over is in Demon World still, alive and must have sensed my demon energy that informed him about my presence.

And in the end, I did want to stay there just to find him and kick his ass for interfering into mine and Miyuki's fight. I wanted to be the one to end Sensui while I also wanted to fight by Miyuki's side. But the most fun was taken away when that guy got into my head. Like in movies when there was the real actor, and the stunt doubles who is taking most of the hit, which is safe for the actors, but also sucked for the reason of them just being paid for sitting around while the most of the action was taken from them. . .

It was like this, but far worse, making me feel like it was all so. . . fake. . . and I hated that so damn much. . . But at the same time, if I did end up staying there, then the people I knew here, in my world, they would miss me and I would miss them. . . So that's why I came back. . .

But now. . . I don't know if what I did was actually the right thing. . . for me at least. . .

"I dunno, I guess I just feel unsatisfied, that's all." I was finally able to find my reply after we paid for our drinks and left that dumb café since it started to became too crowded for my liking, making me suffocate there with the loud people which made it hard to think straight there. "Like crying for the moon."