Each hand carefully caressed the side of Jane's face before their lips met and eyes closed. Katia gently placed her middle finger over Jane's temple and lifted her hand, bringing a purple hue with her from that spot.

This is one of Void's powers. Never done before but somehow, effortless to achieve.

She searched, every memory, every moment in their intertwined lives. Finding the core memory, she pulled at it and everything unraveled. Every kiss, every movie night, every laughing fit, every smile. All of it, gone.

Pulling away, Katia allowed the dark smoke to engulf her.

***

Katia's POV:

I can't believe I've done it. My first attempt at memory manipulation and i did it on the one person I have left. Or should I say had. She will never remember me. Two years of memories in the palm of my hand. What a waste if memories.

My body aches from the constant walking and my hands itch with the electricity of my power in my veins. They are going to know where I am. I lost control and put Jane and Esme in danger. I have to go back soon and take Esme's memories too otherwise this all goes to shit.

Buzz buzz, buzz buzz

What the hell? The burner phone has never once been used.

Bringing the phone to my ear, I press accept. "Hello?"

"Hello Katia. Thank you very much for leading us to you. We have been looking for a long time to find you. We went to your apartment and sad to see you weren't there. Such a delight when we found some roommates of yours." A male voice I'm unfamiliar with spoke.

Panic boiled in my stomach and rose in my throat. "Who the fuck is this." My voice shook several times.

"I think you know who this is Miss Maximoff. We're all old friends."

I stared at the small screen of the phone as the Hydra symbol appeared. "Hydra." I whispered.

"I suggest you make your journey over here quick. If you want your girlfriend to survive." Call ended.

"No no no no no Fuck!" I have to get there. I couldn't use my power, no way would I let void get control over me. Flying was the only other option.

Allowing my wings to energy, the raven feathers ripped the back of my t-shirt as they stretched out.

I took off quickly, not caring who saw me as I retraced my steps.

Oh god please let them be ok. This is all my fault why am I such an idiot. I should have known that Hydra were after me, they had perfect opportunity since I'm alone.

Around twenty minutes passed before the apartment building came into view.
Theres no voices. I can't hear their thoughts.

Tucking my wings close to my body, I shot through my bedroom window. Shards of glassed sprayed across the room, some ripping shallow cuts in my skin.

My breath is heaving and my heart pumps loudly in my ears as I storm out if the room into the narrow hallway.

I hide my wings, not wishing to damage them if it got ugly.