Chapter 22: Tricksters

Start from the beginning

The video was being watch back at Star Labs.

"Talking in the third person." Cisco said.

"That's never a good sign." Daniella said.

"You two are just mad because he named himself." Caitlin says, as Barry wraps his arm around her.

"Actually, he didn't. 20 years ago, Central City was hit by a series of terrorist attacks. One man killed at least ten civilians, two cops. That guy called himself The Trickster." Joe said.

Cisco looks up the trickster and he says, "Whoa. Someone was rocking the unitard."

Cisco puts the profile on the screens in front of them.

"James Jesse?" Caitlin said.

"Like Jesse James, only more twisted." Joe said.

"Where is this, Mr. Jesse now?" Wells asked.

"He's serving several life sentences at Iron Heights. He was just about the most dangerous thing Central City had ever seen." Joe said.

"You mean until the Particle Accelerator blew up." Barry said.

"Um..." Wells said.

"Barry, Daniella and I will go see this James Jesse at Iron Heights, see if he can give us something that can help us catch his groupie." Joe said.

"You okay?" Caitlin asked Barry when she put her hands around his neck.

"I'm fine. I'll call you later, okay." Barry said.

"Sure. You know you can talk to me, right?" Caitlin said.

"Yeah, I know. Love you." Barry says, as he gives Caitlin a kiss before leaving.

"I'll analyze the video and see if I can figure out the source." Cisco said.

Joe starts walking towards the door.

"Hey, Joe. Is Barry doing all right? He seems cranky." Wells asked.

"Even The Flash wakes up on the wrong side of the bed some mornings. He's fine." Joe says, as he turns and walks out of the lab. 

***

Flashback:

The Flash, The Reverse Flash and Bolt were zooming around Nora as Henry arrived next to Barry. Young Barry didn't notice the purple lightning.

"Mom!" Barry yelled.

"Nora, hold on! Run, Barry, run!" Henry yelled.

Just then, the purple lightning speedster grabs Barry and takes him far away from the house...And that speedster was an adult version of Bolt...Then The Flash and Bolt zoom away as the reverse flash follows, then he begins losing speed and trips over on two feet and falls face first on the street. 

The Reverse Flash, turns on his Gideon from his hand and says, "Gideon, what's happening to me?"

"Your latest time jump against The Flash and Bolt caused a massive drain on your powers. Your cells contain no trace of The Speed Force." Gideon said.

"That's impossible. I stole most of Bolts speed." The Reverse Flash said.

"Your ability to move at super-speed as well as travel in time has been completely depleted." Gideon said.

"How am I supposed to get back?" The Reverse Flash asked.

"You can't." Gideon said.