Chapter 14: The Man In The Yellow Suit

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I saw my mother killed by something impossible...My father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world, I'm an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly, I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me. And one day, I'll find who killed my mother...And get justice for my father...I am The Flash.

It was Christmas time, people were putting up their decorations everywhere....In their homes and even outside of stores. One man was finishing hanging up the lights when a red and yellow streak come flying past him, which caused all his lights to turn off.

Barry was chasing down the man in yellow...

***

One Day Earlier....

At Joe and Iris's house...Barry was helping Joe put the Christmas decorations on the tree.

"There's only two boxes left." Joe said.

"You know, at this rate, we'll be finished by Easter." Barry said.

Joe Chuckles.

Barry looks up at Joe and smiles.

"Don't even." Joe said.

"Okay, the only red-suited dude I want in this house right now is Kris Kringle, you got it?" Joe said.

Then Barry zooms around the tree and puts it back how it was.

Barry sighs.

Joe laughs.

Iris walks into the room with Caitlin and Daniella carrying two cups each.

"Hey, look who I ran into outside and Uh, these ornaments are not gonna hang themselves." Iris said.

"Mm-hmm." Caitlin said.

Iris hands them the cups and says, "Grandma Esther's recipe... Light on the bourbon."

Joe drinks it and says, "Mm...I always loved her definition of light." His phone rings and he looks at it. "And the Christmas tradition continues." He answers his phone. "Detective West. Yeah? All right." He hangs up. "Sorry, kids, the D.A. wants to ask me some questions. Make sure there's some nog left for me when I get back."

"No promises." Barry says, as he continues to drink his egg nog.

Then as soon as Joe is out of the house, Iris quickly turns off the TV.

"What's happening?" Caitlin asked.

Iris takes away Barry's egg nog away.

"Hey." Barry said.

Iris pulls Barry and Caitlin to the floor and says, "Come on."

Daniella sits in the corner...her face made it known she was sad about something.

"Oh, come on, we're doing this already?" Barry asked.

"Christmas isn't for a few days." Caitlin said.

"I couldn't wait any longer." She hands each of them their present they got for each other. "Caitlin, you first." Iris said.

"You didn't have to do this.." Caitlin said.

"Nonsense. You saved my best friend and now your in our best friend circle, so open it. It's from Barry."

Iris hands the gift that Barry got for her...Caitlin opens it up...

"Oh my god....the engagement ring Ronnie gave me?" Caitlin asked.

"Yeah...you told me how you were sad when you lost it in Star labs." Barry said.