credits

...credits...

There were paramedics at the station who was doing basics

There were paramedics at the station who was doing basics. A paramedic walked up to Maysilee. "What's your name?"

"Maysilee, Maysilee Connors." She answered.

The paramedic nodded and unwrapped her leg would, "Oh jeez that's bad, definitely infected, pretty badly." The paramedic said, "For now I'll give you some pain meds and clean the wound the best I can."

Maysilee took the pain meds the paramedic gave her and waited for her to clean the wound. Once she finished she was called back into the investigation room.

"Maysilee Connors correct?" The investigator asked, Maysilee took and seat and nodded, "I'm Officer Farah Bradley. It's nice to meet you. I'm just gonna start with some simple questions, let's start with what you said last year when we investigated you after the disappearance."

- flashback -

Maysilee took a seat and looked at the investigator who had introduced himself as Xavier Rogers. "First how did you know the Washington family?"

"I well- Hannah and Beth were in the same class as me, so I friended them. Then one summer I spent a week down there and met Josh and their parents. Hannah was my best- friend and Josh were like the older brother I never had."

"And Beth?" Rogers asked.

"Beth was more than a friend. More than a best friend." Maysilee said. She was only admitting this cause she couldn't lie to the cops.

The officer nodded "Were you a part of this... prank? Your friends pulled on Hannah Washington?" He asked a

Maysilee sighed "Unfortunately yes, but I wasn't expecting it to go that far! I swear I would never wanna kill them!"

Officer Rogers nodded "Understood. Is there anyone that would wanna hurt the Washington's?"

"I mean Josh mentioned some threats they got. But never gave names. You'd have to ask him." Maysilee said.

- flashback over -

Maysilee nodded "Alright."

"You said people threatened the Washington's. Did you ever find out who?" She asked.

"Yeah no... he never did, apparently I couldn't trust him," Maysilee said.

"Alright what else happened tonight?" She asked.

"Well, it all started when Josh faked his death, I almost drown then it was all part of his horrible scheme. I mean I trusted him! I really did. Then the Wendigos- the things we told you about. I was so close to death so many times I was so scared. But then I figured out it was Josh behind the psycho and um he revealed it and god it was so messed up!"

"That's enough for now Miss Connors, you may leave."

Maysilee left the room and went back to the waiting room, she sat next to Chris. "Where's Ash?" She asked.

"She's with an officer." Chris told her, "This is so crazy, but I'm glad we all made it out alive."

Maysilee nodded "It is a bit crazy, honestly thought I was gonna die at the end." She admitted.

"At least Mike was in there. I think if you were struggling to get out Sam would have blown the lodge up." He said, "Hate to admit it but it's the truth."

Maysilee nodded "And I would have died as well because of the wendigo that broke in through the basement."

Chris sighed "Sorry- I didn't run back and help you." He mumbled.

Maysilee was taken aback "Hey Chris don't be like that." Maysilee said, "If you would have tried and saved me we would of both died, you were injured too."

Chris nodded "Okay." He stated, "So uh, pretty awesome how you figured out Josh was behind the psycho. Always thought Ashley was the smart one out of the three of us."

Maysilee chucked "Guess growing up reading mysteries helped. She is Chris she got us out of some pretty rough situations down there." Maysilee pointed out. "Now you guys are gonna have your happy ending."

"What about you and Mike?" Chris asked, "And your happily ever after?"

Maysilee shrugged "I dunno, he says he's gonna dump stuff when Jess is in the right state of mind. But I don't know if he will out of pity for Jess, she went through a lot down there." Maysilee answered, "But I do love him an incredible amount. But it'll never show up how much I loved Beth."

Chris sighed "If he's the right guy, he'll understand that." Chris told her, "And if he gets jealous over Beth then leave him."

Maysilee smiled "Thank you." Maysilee said softly.

"For what?" Asked Chris.

"For like everything. Everything you've done for me. You saved my life down there countless times. You can always give me a good laugh when I need it. And you were there the most after the twins died. Y-your likes a brother to me, Chris. You and Josh were like my crazy older brothers." She smiled again at him.

"Well thank you too. For getting yourself into a stupid situation where you need saving." Chris teased. Maysilee rolled her eyes playfully and hugged Chris.