3.

...3 hours until dawn...

Everyone could tell Emily felt bad about everything that happened to Jess, and now she couldn't apologize

Everyone could tell Emily felt bad about everything that happened to Jess, and now she couldn't apologize. Before anyone could say anything else an old man walked into the room with Mike and Chris. "Listen quickly. I don't respect you kids coming back up to my mountain."

"Your mountain?" Sam asked chuckling, "I'm sure the Washington's would love to hear you say that."

"You're right." The Stranger said, "This mountain isn't mine but it isn't the Washington's either. It belongs to the Wendigos. Now I don't know why you kids came back up here after what happened last year?"

"With Hannah and Beth? How do you know about that?" Maysilee questioned.

"Probably because he was a part of it!" Emily suggested.

"Don't get ahead of yourself there. But you kids are in danger. Do you have anywhere safe where nothing can get it?" The Stranger asked.

"The basement might work," Sam suggested.

"Okay, stay there, until dawn." The Stranger said.

"Wait Josh, we have to get him!" Chris announced. Maysilee frowned and looked at the Stranger.

"Alright fine we'll get your friend you all stay in the basement." He repeated.

"I wanna come with." Chris said, "Please Josh is my friend I can show you where he is."

The Stranger nodded "Alright fine let's go quick, you listen to me do what I tell you."

The two walked away and Ashley went after him "Hey!" She stopped him and kissed him, "Come back safe, I'll be waiting."

Chris nodded and left with the Stranger. "Okay, I guess we go to the basement," Maysilee said.

"I'm gonna wait up here." Ashley said, "For Chris to get back."

Maysilee nodded and reached for the machete Mike had given her earlier, surprisingly Josh hadn't taken it. "Take this, just in case," Maysilee said handing her the machete. Ashley took it.

"Let's take the Stranger's stuff down," Emily suggested grabbing the backpack. Maysilee grabbed the first aid kit and went downstairs with Emily, Sam, and Mike. They all set the stuff down and exchanged glances with each other.

Maysilee though, her leg still in pain, sat up against the wall. "I hope they amputate my leg." She joked, "Once I get out, I don't wanna go through anything else painful." Of course, she didn't expect that would be the outcome.

"You think amputating your leg isn't gonna be painful?" Emily asked.

Maysilee shrugged "I don't know." She joked, "Worse than continuous surgery on it and life-lasting pain."