Hostage- Part 2

"And that's the story of how I outsmarted two of my kidnappers using a hairpin and a dead rat." Y/N finished, flicking a bit of dust off of her shirt. Five furrowed his eyebrows. "A dead rat?"

"You never know when that can come in handy." she joked.

Five chuckled.

Y/N sat up. "I've managed to get away from every single creepy guy, ever. But somehow, I can't get away from you." she said, a hint of playful undertones in her voice.

"I could say the same about you, sweetheart." Five shot back, albeit teasingly.

She leaned back. "Sweetheart?" Y/N said.

Five winced. "Too fast?"

"Nah." She leaned in just a bit more. He swore he felt his heart stop. "Just right." Just a little closer...

"You know you were supposed to be threatening the hostage, not kissing her, right?" Diego's voice came from the doorway.

Five cursed and pulled back reluctantly.

"And why is the hostage lying comfortably on our couch?" Luther asked.

"She's not 'the hostage', she's got a goddamn name, you know." Five hissed.

"And why is Five not so murder-y anymore?" Klaus whispered.

"First things first: Do you know where Thompson is?" Allison asked hurriedly.

"Relax, Dad's not gonna stick his head in the drug business anymore. We took care of it." Y/N called from her spot on the couch, winking at Five.

"Is he–are you–blushing?" Diego gestured to Five, blindsided.

"I don't blush, you pea-brained maggot." Five snapped, although slightly pink.

Meanwhile, Vanya had already wandered off to start a conversation with Y/N.

"Of all the people you could fall in love with, you chose a drug-dealer's daughter?" Diego paced around the room, interrogating Five.

"Ex-drug dealer," Klaus corrected.

"Oh, because that's so much better." Diego snapped.

"Of all the people you could fall in love with, you chose a psychopath's adoptive daughter who only pretended to like you so she could use you?" Five replied, immensely nonchalant.

"...Fair point."

By now, Klaus had snuck away to join Vanya and Y/N.

"She throws knives." Five offered after a minute of silence.

Diego's face almost lit up. "I guess she's tolerable." He shrugged and left, muttering something about going to get a snack.

Allison smiled softly at Five from the kitchen counter. "She's a pretty great girl."

"I know."