Five Hargreeves Dating The Literal Embodiment of Sunshine

Requested on Tumblr: "Hi! I see that your headcanons request are open! Can you write an headcanon for Five dating a reader that is the opposite of him? Like, she's all optimism, sun and rainbows? Thank u so much, I love your blog!"

-You met Five at Griddy's, when you were a waitress.

-You were new to your job, and that was when he came in.

-Apparently, he was a regular customer according to Agnes. He came in every day at 11 am, drank nothing but black coffee and the occasional oatmeal raisin cookie, and left at 11:30.

-You were always the one to serve him because your shift was a morning one.

-He didn't talk much, to your relief, because heaven knew you could barely hold a conversation.

-But he smiled slightly at you every time you brought him his coffee.

-One day, a group of particularly unruly men had stepped into the diner just as you'd given the boy his black coffee.

-Agnes told you she'd take their order, since she didn't want you to go over there, but you waved her away.

-To your dismay, they were gruff, lewd and absolutely disrespectful.

-But you smiled through your teeth, because you didn't want to lose your job.

-Five, sitting across the room, was livid. How dare you let them treat like that?

-But he didn't want to scare you away by giving those assholes what they deserved, so he sipped his coffee in silence.

-But the last straw was when he heard one of them mutter an awfully derogatory word when your back was turned.

-He was there in a second.

-"What the fuck did you say to her?"

-You turned, seeing a blue flash and hearing a man's choked voice.

-"I-you can't.."

-"Say it to my face."

-silence.

-"Pay for your drinks and get the hell outta here." Five released his grip on the man's collar and turned to you, heat rushing to his face.

-"Uh..I'm-"

-Until you threw your arms around him, thanking him profusely, insisting on buying him hot chocolate, chattering on and on about things he had never thought to care about before.

-Until now, when your face was lit up and your eyes sparkled whenever you talked about something

-and that was how you met.

-he'd always come to Griddy's every day, stay for a little while longer to talk to you until Agnes was scolding the both of you for holding up business.

-he'd come over to your place and just lay in your lap while you stroked his hair, talking animatedly about the old woman across the street who had just adopted a bunch of cats.

-he'd fondly watch you baby-talk to your plants, feed the pigeons that stopped by every morning.

-the pigeons were slightly scared of him though.

-and so was everyone else.

-him, all dressed in his pitch-black shirt and pants, and you wearing a bright yellow sundress looking like a ray of sunshine.

-everybody loved talking to you, even if Five got slightly grumpy when the conversation lasted more than 5 minutes.

-He'd be a broody little shit, until you came into the room.

-"I swear, all of you are useless, good for nothing pieces of crap-"

-"Hey sweetheart! Oh, a cup of water? Yes, here, let me get it. There we go. You sure you don't want something to eat? Alright, have fun! :))"

"aNYWAYS-

-You'd still look like a ray of sunshine in his black shirts, and that's what amazed him.

-Five finally concluded that you were a little ball of sunshine yourself.

-His siblings would actually lose it whenever he walked in with a flower tucked in his ear, or his collar, or when he smelled like flowery perfume.

-He'd glare at them, but it was hard to look intimidating with a daffodil in your hair.