Swings

First day of school was confusing in several ways, the second even weirder. I actually got four numbers in just two days! Maybe guys in highschool liked geeked up girls? Oh well I wasn't going to complain over something that could be good news. Perhaps I could get my first boyfriend and maybe even kiss, that's what I've been dieing for. Never mind, scratch that out. My parents would through a fit if they found out, lucky they don't go through my phone, and I wont dare give them a reason too.

         Wait who am I even kidding the second day isn't over, I am in the last period, gym. I am super excited though, even if my stomach is filled with obnoxious spasmed nerves that we call butterflies, the tingly feeling in your tummy. Yep I had them once again, my parents, under tons of negotiations and such, my parents let me stay after school, and with my new luck Hunter invited me to hang out with him. We've passed a few more notes just random stuff. Its weird he actually seems to care!

         "Hey hon."

         "Hi," I mumbled letting my hands dangle back and forth, my smile showing my braced up teeth, and my hair flowing behind me. "I can stay after school with you," I just had to add, making sure he remembered. It would suck if he had forgotten and I stayed after all alone, just asking to get a beating.

         He managed a sweet grin showing his amazing pearly whites, "I can't wait!" he winked and took a dart forward, of course he was a bit faster than me, my short little legs.

         I watched his feet move so perfectly and I bit my lip taking a deep breath. Maybe I had my first friend. Time must of slipped from me since I heard the loud thick beep that happened when the period was over or starting. It was time to hang out! I stopped running and paused putting my hands on my knees. My glasses at the very tip of my nose.

         Dressing rooms always sucked, I could just feel the stares from the girls surrounding me. What was it about my body, or was it my skin, or what? I didn't have small breasts, or a tiny butt, I didn't have ugly skin, it had to be my body. Although I wasn't nearly that big. I had a thin stomach, who am I kidding I was small. It didn't matter I slipped my gym clothes on and pushing my black skinny jeans, then my ugs, and my button up blue shirt, with my white tank underneath. I hopped to the closest mirror. I adjusted my curly hair and grinned jogging out of the locker room.

         "Ow!" I fussed when I went face first, hugging the ground.

         "Shit! I am sorry Capri!" Hunter mumbled putting his hand out.

         I took his hand, and he helped me stand, he was strong. He held onto my hand, and glided me throught the crowds of people and out into the sunny and cool breeze. I bit my lip as I saw some other cute boys walk up and give me a funny stare. Great he has friends. I know that sounds ridiculous but, I am not much of a people person, I am a nerd, nerds usually aren't.

         "Hey, this is Capri," he punched one of the not so attractive ones in the arm, then the boy rubbed it with a pained expression. Five guys. Not including Hunter of course. "Capri, This is Thomas, Jake, Kyle, Chris, and Aj."

         "Hey cutie," winked th eone that was punched a few seconds ago, his name was Thomas, sure he was attractive but not as much as the others. Who am I kidding, I don't need boys.

         I pushed my hand up wiggling my fingers and mumbling, "Hi."

        Hunter let go of my hand hand and laughed when I spoke. "Calm down!" He ordered in a playful manner, I just grinned with a small huff.

         "That's the girl Dylan messes with huh?" The one named Kyle asked, as he grinned at me. I pushed my glasses up with one finger, like you see the nerds do in movies.

         "Kyle shut up!" I heard Jake mumbled trying to block it from me.

         "Yeah that's me. I am a dumb nerd, I don't know why Hunter wanted me to even hang out," I admitted looking in the other direction, feeling helpless around six boys.

         Hunter's face go red and he wrapped his left arm around me, and bent down, since he was probably six foot. I am only about five two. "Don't talk like that!" He whined. I wondered why.

         With out hesitation we headed across the street to Monroe Park. Hunter and I ran towards the swings while the other walked at a slow speed. When I plopped down on the swing, Hunter didn't. He pushed me instead, with a stunning smile, his smile was just so adorable. I felt the wind brush through my hair, and hit my face making me relieved. It pushed my shirt back though, revealing parts of my arms. I sighed, I hadn't swung for at least six months! That is an extremely long time. Compared to my normal swing every day habit.

         For some reason, life felt wonderful just swing here, feeling Hunter's hands push my lower back. All my stress flew away. I don't know, I think I may be going crazy and just blowing up the opertunity of someone actually liking me, but the ting is that we barely know eachother. And truely, I am suprised this little group of boys didn't try to beat up on me, hence the kind of group this is did in middle school.

         The "badass" group. Smoke weed, party, the cool kids of the school. They think they are so fabulous and girls fight over on a daily basis. How could a nerd girl be hanging with them? Especially one that gets picked on by the most popular guy in school, and its only been two days of school! Shit life gets worse and worse, but better in other ways. How does that work?