First Day

"Darling, why aren't you awake?" I heard a familiar high tone. Airy and rather annoying after hearing it day after day, it could only be my mother.

         My eyes buzzed open as I pushed the blankets off of my slender body, reaching my hands above my head with and oval yawn. "Sorry, Mother," I flinched when I rolled to my left and thumped to the floor.

         My mother's heels clenched against the wood, and screeched to a hault right by my thick head. Her hand grabbed my shirt as I felt myself be pulled slowly. "I have told you before, do not call me mother, call me mom, now is that clear?" She hissed and pushed me onto the bed, "It is almost time to go hurry up!"

         After my manly mother waltzed out of my room, I stood to my feet, petting my eyebrows. My mother could be one scary chick, her name was even horrible. Beatrus, I like to call her beast arrest. It sounds similar and most women named Beatrus are, well like beasts! My closet, I need new clothes. I mingled a plaid button up shirt with a black tee saying "Give a Shirt". Then my feet slided against the smooth ground bringing me infront of my drawers. I grabbed a white skirt that matched my black and white shirt, and white and grey plaid button up.

         Finally I was in the bathroom combing my hair up into a messy bun, my bangs dropping in my face every now and then, and my glasses. You know the ones you can get at Northern lights, big rims that are 3D, well mine were nearly identical, except mine were real. What a nerd! One more glance in the mirror and a little adjusting to my skirt barely below my belly button and a check to make sure my vans were perfectly tied. For a geek I was well dressed, at least I think.

         I galloped out of my bathroom and down the white rimmed stairs into the kitchen. I smelt french toast, that I hated. Looks like I am not eating today! My green backpack lay on the ground directly infront of the couch, my thighs wiggled me over then I hung it over my shoulder.

         "By mom, see you after school."

         The breeze clung my bangs to the side of my face and chills ran up my spine. Chilly day! I sighed getting ready for the first day of highschool, hopefully it would be better than last year. Perhaps Dylan wont be there. The school wasn't even a block away from my house, already in sight from my porch! Another sigh slipped from my mouth as I hopped in the direction of Morning Prep. What a lame name!

         Great already getting stared at, all I got to do was walk down the hall. I bit my lip and held the strap of my bag, clenching it with fear. Whispers came from the older popular group, at least I am not a barbie. My locker, number seven, at least it's my favorite number. The locker swung open like when a sling shot slings back. I gulped putting my coat inside of my locker. I had a feeling when I turned around Dylan, or someone that hates me would be there. The creepy feeling of someone watching you crippled down my stomach. I twirled letting my bangs fly. No one!

         I glanced around the school, finding the hallway that said rooms one hundred to one hundred and thirteen. My room number, one hundred. My backpack still around my shoulder I walked towards my room.

         My heart stopped, and fell out of my chest. Dylan, he had this class! He gave me so much shit in junior high. He can't now, I have to stand up for myself, or not! "Hey rims" He laughed holding his bag with a little tilt to his head.

         Shit! My stomach got butterflies, and finally I turned my head away trying to ignore him. Trying to forgot he even spoke to me. I was not going to let the first day of highschool be messed because of him. Or at least I hoped I didn't. Perhaps if this day is good, others after will be too. If only I wasn't smart, didn't have strict dick parents, if I was aloud to be like I want. Although I absolutely love reading, school, getting good grades, and being a good person. But sometimes, just sometimes I wish I didn't!