𝐋𝐕

Alison was still in shock from her mother slapping her. She was only trying to save her life. Gemma had drifted far away from her daughter, which puzzled everyone as they were the best of friends. Juice was nervous all the time.

"Why'd she fucking slap you?" Jax asked the next morning.

"I was freaking out on her," Ali said softly. "Long, long story."

"I got all day," he persisted. Ali sighed and walked into the chapel, motioning Jax behind her. They sat in their seats: President and Vice.

"Shit," she said in a shaky voice. "Here me out, Jax, please." She begged. "This isn't easy for me to tell you." He grabbed her hand across the table. He truly saw how scared and horrified she was, and would forgive her at any cost.

"What is it, Al?" He said softly. "You can tell me. Nothing will happen to you."

"I know who killed Tara, Jax,"

"Who?" He asked, intrigued. He didn't really care that she knew who did it. She was protecting him like countless other times, and he knew that.

"Mom did," Ali said softly. Jax slammed his hands against the table. "I don't think she was sober, Jackson!"

"Why would she do that?"

"I don't know, but there's something you need to promise me." Ali looked at her brother dead in the eyes. "You can't lay a finger on Juice."

"Did he have something to do with it?!"

"No Jackson, it's not like that," she said softly. "He was there afterwards and killed the sheriff. He didn't know what to do. Mom made up a lie and he had no choice but to go along with it." Jax ran his fingers through his blond hair.

"I can't reveal this to the club, not yet. We're not stable enough," He sat down and put his head in his hands and leaned against the table. He cried.

"Jax, I know it's rough. I swear that we can take care of it," Ali combed her fingers through his hair. "I'm not going to tell Juice that you know, okay? He'll just do what it takes to survive. It's not his fault." Ali stood beside him and he put his face in her stomach.

"Why would my own mother do that?" He cried into her shirt.

"Tara was betraying you, and I guess she got tired of it," Ali wanted to cry. She didn't know what the next step was. "Jackson, it'll be okay. I promise it'll be okay."