Shy Protective Male Absol x Suicidal Male Reader

Requested by @M3M3_06

WARNING: talk of suicide and a suicide attempt

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rays of the moon were strong and beautiful as they speckled across the forest floor. I didn't know how long I had been walking. I just knew it was deep into the brush. I look up at the glowing full moon peeking through the leaves and smile sadly to myself. I had decided today was going to be the day.

With a rope in hand and a chair under my arm, I set off into the forest to find a good place to do it. I don't really know what pushed me over the edge. It seems that things had just continued to build on top of each other and now it felt like everything had broken.

After wandering for who-knows-how-long I come across a large oak tree with a sturdy base and reaching branches. The stars looked beautiful in the clear sky as the light of the Moon lit up the surroundings. Yes, this was as good a place as any to end it. I skillfully tie the noose, having done this not more times than I like to think.

Looking up at the tree I throw the rope over watching it fly through a silent air fall over the branch. I tied the other end of the rope to the base of the tree making sure it's secure and won't slip. I take the folded chair I had under my arm and place it below the rope before climbing up and grabbing hold of the loop.

I know most people leave a note under some shoes or a bag but there wasn't anyone to leave a note for. As far as I knew everyone I had loved was gone or didn't want me around. I was also hoping that I wouldn't be found out here and that my body could just be food for the Pokemon. I slipped the loop around my neck and gaze up at the gorgeous sky. It was a beautiful night to end it.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes before kicking the chair back. But I only felt the pressure of the rope for a second before I heard a rush of air and suddenly I was falling to the ground. I looked up to see if the rope had been cut by something. Confused, I look around when I spot him, an Absol.

His horn head finished glowing signaling the end of an attack. He saved me. The Pokemon was shifting on his feet, obviously nervous. The two of us just stared at each other for a bit. It was obvious the Pokemon had been rattled by the experience.

He was still for the moment before he ran over to me. I didn't have time to move back before he jumped on me and pinned me to the ground. There was a look in his eyes and I could tell that he didn't have any intention of letting me go. I look forlornly over at the cut rope and then back into the eyes of the abyss. I reach up and pet his fluffy fur, letting the soft feeling absorb my mind.

"I don't know why you did it or how you're here but I guess I should say thank you."

I couldn't quite discern the look in his eyes but it was something of importance.

"I can only assume you want to stick with me."

He nodded his head causing his fur to wave in the wind again. I smile before gently pushing him to allow me to stand up.