Unveiled

Queen Mother Gongwon has ordered to shift Concubine Seo from the abandoned North Wing of the concubines' palace to the East Wing. From the East Wing, the royal palace and royal kitchen are more easily accessible. The royal kitchen has taken full responsibility to serve for Concubine Seo along with the royal family.

Concubine Seo is feeling so strange. Everything is happening so fast. She had already shifted to the East Wing yesterday. They have changed her robe's collar ribbons. Previously she used to use one colored silk collar ribbon with robes. But now the ribbon is with flower-designed handwork on the silk ribbon. It's indicating she is now a high rank. Her rank is now almost similar to the palace's younger princes and Concubine Park.

Concubine Seo is now sitting on the bed in a large room in the East Wing. She is waiting for Emperor Sinjong.  He said that he would like to meet her after shifting to the East Wing to make her comfortable there.

The maids prepared the Concubine with a gorgeous red silk dress and even added a veil with it. At first, she was so confused seeing the veil, she asked why need to wear a veil. The maid replied that the emperor had requested it.

        ________________________

At last, the expected sound of boots appears outside the door. This wing is so quiet, Concubine Seo thinks to herself. The door gets opened and closed, the most welcomed foot sound just stops in front of her.

Emperor Sinjong was about to lift up the veil with the ruler(stick type) made of gold and expensive stones. But making him shocked, Concubine Seo doesn't let him lift up the veil.

"Was the veil added to remove that easily?"

"No... The veil was added so that you can't make my heart so flutter until it's ready," the emperor replies.

"So are you ready now?"

"My heart has prepared itself to beat faster."

Concubine Seo was about to lift up the veil, but the emperor stops her and says, "Only I can unveil you, Yun Hee. Not even you can do it. The unveiling means you are only mine."

He sits beside her and lifts up the vein with his hands. The unveiling reveals a pouty concubine waiting for her husband. What Sinjong just had realized is that pouty Concubine Seo is more attractive to him.

"What made you do such an adorable expression?"

"You were lifting up the veil with that thing."

For the first time, the emperor hears such a complaint from someone. Concubine Seo was sad just because she wanted only Sinjong to lift up the veil with his own hand, with a touch of emotion.

"I want to see your expression again and again," Sinjong laughs loudly making her confused. 

"Yes, you are my owner. You can do whatever you want," Concubine Seo says, thinking the emperor is making fun of her emotions.

The emperor takes her hand and says, "I am promising to you that I will never do that again."

He kisses her hands and hugs her. He lets her lean on his shoulder and says, "Queen Mother palace is going to take responsibility to serve you during the whole pregnancy. At the Cherry Blossom Festival, your pregnancy news will be announced to the general people. The royal palace is going to be so busy arranging the marriage between Prince Yeong and the Chinese princess. This is such a crucial time. Take care of yourself and the baby, Yun Hee."

Concubine Seo lifts up her head from his shoulder and says, "Are you going to leave such?" 

But the emperor stops her by kissing on her lips. Soon the kiss turns into hot make out. Concubine Seo helps the emperor to loose the ribbon collar of her robe.

___________________________

Consort Kim Myeon Hye knows very well that the decisions taken by her clan won't change no matter what. But still why she feels so bad for Concubine Seo she doesn't know.

She first met the emperor in the royal palace, when her elder brother one day brought her to play with the royal princess. That time her elder brother was so close to palace princes and used to come here everyday to play with them .

She was a playful child,but she had a very shy personality. She felt so uncomfortable among other princes and ended up sitting in a corner while praying desperately to leave the palace as soon as possible.

Suddenly, Crown Prince Ryung  appeared to her and gave her a bunch of flowers.

"Are you so uncomfortable with all of us? You are so adorable . Do you want me to accompany you? Let's show you my greenhouse."

Yes, That was the first time for little Myeon Hye to fall for Crown Prince Wang Ryung . But the liking was just increasing day by day. She fell in love with Him. But it was one sided. He was always like a distant shooting star for her.At one time, Crown Prince Wang Ryung ascended to the Throne taking the title of Emperor Sinjong.

At one point, she got selected as eligible to be newly throned emperor's bride. Everything happened in favour of her until this marriage. But after that,fate didn't follow her anymore.

Consort Kim is walking in the corridor of the East wing. She doesn't know what to say to Concubine Seo,but she has already sent a maid saying that Consort Kim will meet Concubine Seo anytime.

An eunuch makes her to stop,

"His Imperial Majesty is inside now."

"They know I will come. I have sent the news before. His Imperial Majesty didn't say not to let me go inside, right?" She says. After hearing the emperor is inside, suddenly she feels so much drown inside . Sinjong hasn't met her this week yet ,but sent her a message that he is so busy because of sudden arrangements of Prince Yeong's marriage.

The eunuch takes time to think. But as Myeon Hye is a consort and represents the powerful Andong Kim clan,

 She is one of those who doesn't need any permission to meet the emperor anytime . Maybe the emperor wants to meet both his concubines at the same time . He let Consort Kim enter the main section of the east wing.

 She steps towards the master room of this wing. She is sure they are there. Reaching the doors,she opens the door without any knocking. Suddenly she has gone upward from any fear.

The scene right now revealing in front of her is the scared Concubine Seo

 with almost no upper part of robe and on another side of bed the emperor with a bared torso . Concubine Seo  is still trying to cover her body with a robe that was kept beside. The veil is now on the floor. Consort can't forget the moment she saw the sparkling intimacy between them even though they have stopped watching her. The hickey on Concubine Seo's neck adds fuel to her burning heart .

"Myeon Hye,you are not allowed to enter like this without any permission or knock."

"I knocked,you didn't notice. I came to know whether Concubine Seo is facing any problem in the new wing or does he have any complaints about anything? she knew I would come. Sorry to bother, Your Imperial Majesty. Accept my apologies."

Consort Kim bows and takes leave .

What she forgot was in this palace none is an ally of anyone. The black side of her heart has just been unveiled.

        ************************