The cycle continued until you got him out to the center of the rink. You continued to skate backwards, his hands in yours. His legs still wobbled, but he slowly started to get the hang of it. Still, he fumbled every now and then.

"Oh, dang it." He mumbled unfortunately.

"Hey," you snapped, "eyes up here."

Johnny immediately perked up, his eyes locked on yours. If he wanted to learn this, you needed to teach him in terms that he knew.

"When you're fighting someone, do you look at their feet?"

"No." He smiled.

You continued to pull him gently, his movements already making progress considering he wasn't so focused on succeeding. It was when he relaxed that he truly began to thrive. He had gotten so comfortable in fact, that he didn't even notice when you let go.

"You got it!"

"Don't let go of me." He laughed nervously.

"Johnny."

"What?"

You smirked wickedly before skating backwards and away from him. He stumbled over his feet trying to keep up with you. It was then that he noticed you had let go of his hand a long time ago.

He panicked. "I said don't let go of me!"

Giggling, you skated circles around him. "You said that after I already let go of you!"

Looping around him, you did some fancy spins, making him even more nervous. "It's not funny."

"You're right. It's hilarious, Johnny."

"I'm serious," he stumbled, "I have a lot to live up to." He gestured to you and rolled his eyes. Skating to his side, you looped your arm in his. "Alright, we're going to go around the rink together one time. You got that?"

"You're going to hold onto me, right?"

"Yes, Johnny. I'll hold onto you."

He let out a sigh of relief as you helped him move forward. "Slide your right foot forward... now slide the left... only pick up your opposite foot when you're ready to take another step. It's just like walking except you're not picking up your feet as much."

Johnny scoffed and mumbled under his breath. "Easier said then done."

"Stop doubting yourself. You can do this."

And that he did. After going around the rink one time, he looked as though he was invincible. His ego was surely inflated a thousand times more then it was before. He had every right to be proud of himself. Eventually, he got the hang of the movements and the two of you were going at a decent speed.

"Alright," you slowed, "let's go around again. I'll go backwards so I can watch your footwork."

"No, please don't. That's embarrassing."

You laughed and grabbed his hands again. "Come on, Lawrence."

You repeated the same cycle as before, only this time you were the one looking toward the ground. Watching Johnny attempt to skate was thrilling and exciting. It made you feel like you still had some leverage in your teasing game.