Chapter 3: What is this..?

《3rd person/Aethers Pov》

Why had he never thought about that before now...? He saved paimon from drowing over 5 years ago...they've been travelling together for so long...and yet he never questioned who or what she was. I mean no one in teyvat seemed to have ever seen something like her either. So..what was she..?

Now he had 3 issues at hand. Finding his sister, Figuring out who this '8th Archon' is and figuring out what paimon is. And he had to do it all alone too... Just great. But nevertheless, hes going to keep going. Alone or not.

So he continued exploring this unmarked land alone. This place was unique from all the other nations. It wasnt controlled or prisoned like inazuma, nor was it free and unlimited like mondstadt. Infact it didnt seem similar to any of the other nations at all. The trees here were even unique, yellow and red leaves with unique fruit he'd never seen before. To be honest, he kind of felt at home here. And it reminded him of his sister. "Oh Lumine...have you been here before? You'd love it here." He whispers quietly to himself.

He then continued after his small break of admiring the place around him. And the land started to change the further he went away from the nations. There were barely any trees, or at least not grown ones. Just a few small ones barely to his knees here and there. And it was starting to get harder to breathe aswell.

After 5 days exploring he finally came across something useful.

(Think of thousands of ruins similar to these but extremely overgrown and in a huge plain with no trees, and a ton of fog.)

What...was this..? He'd seen tons of ruins throughout teyvat but never one this huge. Let alone this overgrown. As he began to explore the ruins his head began to spin. He kept finding bones and skulls scattered across the ruins. And even some mechanical parts that seem to be completely destroyed. Suddenly the dizziness began to overwhelm him though...He was so dizzy... And it was like....he'd been here before...

Suddenly I remembered something. The memory is hazy and and a bit blurry to remember but I think that this is...

Khaenri'ah.