The Prologue

《3rd Person/Aether's Pov》

I finally see my sister again, just for her to slip out of my grasp..what does Khaenri'ah have to do with any of this?! I just dont understand.. why couldn't she just tell me? Does she think i'll turn on her? All i know is that its got something to do with the archons and what happened to Khaenri'ah.. He sighs. I'll have to talk to Zhongli and Venti then.

After visiting both Venti and Zhongli, Aether is still left with no new information. They didnt want to tell him anything. They both had excuses as to why they couldnt. But he didnt plan to give up. Not after all the trouble he's already been through to simply just find his sister. So, after winning The Crux Clash Beidou keeps her word and sails him to Inazuma.

It was a long and treacherous journey but he made it there. He was welcomed by a friend of theirs named Thoma who in turn showed him around and helped him get by. Inazuma was extremely strict. I guess the rumors were true, they really have locked this place up.

But even here it seems as though the only thing people want from him is help or to do things for them. He didnt used to mind, but its clear that no matter how much he gives to everyone he only seem to get things he doesnt want nor need in return. No one truly cares about what he wants.

And he was sick of it. Sick of people acting like they cared just to get something from him. Suck of doing things for nothing in return. Sick of this never-ending journey that he so longed to finish. But...at least he had paimon. From the very begin shes been trying to help him. And even shes fed up with the endless loop they seem to be stuck in.

Days go by, quest after quest, mission after mission. When all he wants to do is talk to the Raiden Shogun. Eventually Thoma took him to meet his friend Ayaka. She seems to be the one behind all the help he's been receiving. But of course, she wants something from him. What is it this time? To clear a hillichurl camp? To go pick flowers?!

Ah. The vision hunt decree. By far the cruelest thing he's heard of happening in teyvat. But he could care less. It doesnt interest him, nor does it affect him in any way. He doesnt have a vision. He just wants to be with his sister. But of course, they guilt tripped him into helping. How cruel..