the beating

After making a lame excuse on a fake bad dream, me and Annabeth were on our way to school. But first I had to stop home and drop off some beer for Gabe. And if I didn't that would mean my ass and a belt are going to have a good date... "Percy why cant I come with you?" Annabeth questioned as she dropped me off at the gas station by my house.

" Because I don't want you to be late." I closed the door and ran into the gas station while she just smiled and drove off. Walking into the store a old man was fast asleep at the register, great. Now I can just steal some and leave without him knowing, and maybe even get some lunch today with the remaining money!

Walking towards the section I took two cases and slipped through the doors, but at least giving him a five dollar bill.

When I got to the front door of my "house", I could already smell the disgusting sour, and smokey scent of cigarettes and beer.
I threw the door open and saw Gabe on the couch watching TV.

" Here is your beer sir." I said as I pulled a can out and threw the rest in the fridge.

" Huh. This, is absolutely disgutsing." He said making a face at me. What's wrong with the beer? I think I said that out loud because he gave me a throaty chuckle and punched me square in the jaw, making me stumble and fall. I just had to end on a beer bottle, that just happened to cut my hand. " I was talking about your face." He said as he then proceeded to kick me in the ribs, the face, and the groin a couple of times.

After my hour long beating, Gabe had gotten off of me and left my bloody, bare, chest with some glass sticking from it. " Pathetic!" He spit in my face and left the apartment.

" Gah!" I yelled as I tried to get up. No use at all, I just fell right back down. I heard our door knob jiggle and a light humming, until it all stopped, and a loud scream races through my ears.

" PERCY!" Was the last thing I hearc as my mom ran towards me.