wanna try? - chap 3

'Good morning.' Y/N sat at the counter in their kitchen, her eyes barely opened due to the lack of sleep from last night.

'Been to a party last night?' Her dad running around the kitchen, making himself breakfast and lunch for later at once.
How the hell does he know about that.

'How d-' She stuttered.

'You weren't here when I came so I assumed you're with your friends somewhere.' He didn't sound upset wich meant je had no clue.
'Had fun?' The image of John B being drowned flashed in front of her eyes once again.

'Yeah.' She replied, her eyes fixed on the lap as she noticed Genevieve coming down.

'Dad, where's mom?' Genevieve stormed into the kitchen, pale in the face. Y/N's face shifted to her father's, her eyes widened. 'She's not in her bed.'

'They took her to the hospital.'

'What?' Y/N's heart started racing at his response. 'You didn't bother to tell us?' She raised her voice, jumping up.

'Calm down.' He made a gesture with his hand. How could he be so calm about his?
'She's had an episode last night. She's going to be fine.'

'People that end up in hospitals aren't usually okay, dad.' Genevieve added.

'We'll go see her in the afternoon, okay?'

'Why can't we go right now?' she frowned.

'The visit hours are in the afternoon. Besides Sarah caller and asked if you girls want to go shopping.' He came around the counter putting the food he made in his bags.

'You think we should go shopping now?' Genevieve raised her voice again, frowning. Y/N places her hands on her sister's back in order to calm her down.

'Gen, go upstairs to change. We're going so we can get our minds off of this.' She said, trying not to cry.

'Thank you for understanding.' Stefan said, hugging Y/N as Genevieve ran upstairs.

'Don't.' She shook her head. 'Keeping lying to us won't change the reality, dad. We're big enough to handle the truth.'

'I wish I could tell you more but I don't know myself. I promise we'll go see her together.' Y/N didn't believe him. He was not able to be honest with then for months. Not even with himself.

They met up with Sarah at the mall two hours later. She seemed to be in a brilliant mood but she paused at Y/N's face.

'Is something wrong?' She asked, pulling Y/N closer as the walked past the stores, Genevieve right beside them.

'Mom's in the hospital.'

'Oh my god.' Sarah covered her mouth in shock.

'Dad says she's gonna be okay though. We just need to think about something else right now.' Y/N glanced at her sister while talking. Sarah nodded with an honest smile on her face.

'Today's our day girls because-' She paused to get some excitement from them. 'We've got all the sales.'

'Even in the stores that I like?' Genevieve brightened, her eyes sparkled as Sarah dipped her head. Genevieve was sometimes left out of things, being 2 years younger than the girls.

'Anywhere Gen.' Sarah grinned at the younger sister. 'Can you keep a secret?

'No she can't!' Y/N joined the conversation again, causing Gen pulling a face at her. Y/N would remember the times she got in trouble because her open mouth. And Genevieve couldn't keep a secret, even her friends would agree to that.