Friday

I sat on my sleepingbag reading a book. A little further away from me was my friend Daisy with her classmates. I tought it was a pity that we couldn't choose next to who we slept. At this moment I was the only one from my class at this sleepover for our sophomore year. It was a Friday but everybody was required to come. Each class had his own place to stay and you couldn't move from that place once you got there. I was so busy with reading that I didn't notice that someone sat besides me. I started reading the previous day and wanted to finish the book today. After a little while I finished the book. I sighed and put it away in my bag. Only then I noticed that the others from my class had arrived. They were all together playing a game, that had never happend before. Kyle had seen that I put away my book and called me over. I went to them and sat between Kyle and Yasmine. "Finally you noticed us", Kyle said. "How long have you been here?" I asked. "Half an hour or something like that", Lauren said. I was shocked and started blushing, I really didn't know that they have been here for that long."What are you guys doing?", I asked because our class usually didn't get along so well. "Truth or dare", Nick said. Right after he said that Kyle said that it was his turn to ask a question. He looked at me and I chose truth to start with. He asked a simple question and I answered it. After a good 10 minutes it was my turn again. I chose dare this time but I shouldn't have done that. It was again Kyle who had asked me the question. We promised to not give extreme dares if somebody said 'dare', but I wasn't prepared for what was coming. "Put on one side of these handcuffs", he said. I did wonder why he had those but kept quiet. That wasn't so bad. He gave them and I put one side on my left hand. After that I asked a question and so the game went on. It was Gino's turn to ask. He asked Jake and he answered with 'dare'...

That was the moment that everything went wrong. The whole class looked at each other and nodded. I was confused , why were they doing that? Then Gino said: "I dare you to put on other side from the handcuffs for the rest of the game." Jake first looked shocked but started smirking when he looked at me. He started to approach me while others were making room for him to sit. He took the other side from the handcuffs and put them on his right hand. We kept playing until the teachers said that we needed to change our clothes so we could go to sleep. I asked Kyle if he could open the handcuffs. He started looking for the keys while the others went to change their clothes. When the others started coming back Kyle still hadn't found the keys. When others saw that we still had the handcuffs on they helped looking for the keys. I started to imagine the worst. Everyone helped looking on, in and under things but nobody found them. " Are you sure that you brought the keys?", I asked Kyle. He stood still and thought for a moment. His eyes became big. "They could be at home..." I couldn't move or think properly when he said that. That meant that we couldn't change our clothes and that we had to sleep next to each other. We sat down to discuss how we would solve the problem. Jake would lay his sleepingbag next to mine and we would only change our bottoms. In the mean time, Kyle had sent a message to his mom to ask if she could find the keys. His mom had answered that she didn't find them. When Jake heard that he became so mad that he got up and started yelling at Kyle. But he got up so rough that the handcuff cut in my wrist and it started bleeding. "AUWW" I said just loud enough for Jake to hear. He looked at me shocked when he saw the blood that I was trying to stop while I stood up. He pulled me with him and went to the teachers. They looked weird at us when we arrived. While one of them was helping me, we explained everything. We also told them what we decided to do to be as comfortable as possible. They told us that it was fine and then we went back to the others but while we were walking Jake said that he needed to use the bathroom. He would also change his pants in there. We first went to get our pants because I would also change there. On our way to the bathroom we passed Daisy's class. Daisy looked confused at me and I just said: "Dare frome Kyle and Gino during truth or dare." She nodded and we walked further.

When we arrived Jake gave me his airpods. I looked weird at him. "It's less akward for you then", he said. I put them in and there was already music playing. He got in one of the stalls while I tried to stand outside as much as possible to give him his privacy. After he came out, I went inside and changed my pants. We went back to our classmates and sat with them until we had to sleep. We weren't laying down for long when I already figured out that it would be a long night. I was laying in my sleepingbag for a long time without closing an eye, while others were peacefully sleeping. Suddenly I noticed that Jake was sleeping restlessly. I turned on my side and looked at him. I wondered what he was dreaming about and if he was okay. Then, without him realising it, he took my hand. I was shocked at first but didn't mind.