7: she was my dream come true

Jungkook

For a few days, me and Y/N had fun around the Garden. Swimming in the Waterfall's pool, playing a game she called "tag", and me trying my best to sing for her without making her ears fall off. I wasn't a singing Fairy, unfortunately, but I still greatly enjoyed it.

Eating breakfasts, walking through the Garden, and everything else she wanted to enjoy.

My Fairies would tag along sometimes, but most of the times it was just me and her, after Pebbles suggested everyone that it would be best to let Y/N and the King get to know each other better. She didn't say it out loud, but I knew Pebbles for what seemed like forever, and it was obvious in the way she came up with the strangest tasks for the Fairies.

That day I woke up to someone patting my cheek. Fluttering my eyes open, it was Pebbles that kept tapping her palms on my skin.

"What's wrong?" I asked, grunting as I twisted on my bed.

"Oh, King!" She flew up, throwing her arms in the air. "Get up! You need to see something!"

"Something?"

"Something beautiful!"

I rubbed my eyes as we stepped outside of my room. It was nothing else but a big canopy created with flowers, shaped into a human-sized room with one human-sized and one fairy-sized bed. Both equally comfortable. It was already late morning, the Sun was high, without a single cloud in sight.

I followed Pebbles across the garden as she showed me to stay quiet. She stopped behind the flower hedge that surrounded the Waterfall area, and it didn't take me long to notice what got her so bubbling in the morning. Y/N was awake, sitting at the edge of the Waterfall's pool with her legs in the water, wearing one of the white dresses Dove sew for her. Her long, silky hair was down, the ends brushing against her lower back. Her eyes were closed as she leaned back a little and let the Sun caress her smiley face.

"Something beautiful, huh?" I asked in a whisper, giving Pebbles a telling look.

"Isn't she? I figured you'd want to see her," she said, a dreamy sigh leaving her lips as she laid her eyes on Y/N. "You seem so happy with her, King. Why don't you join her?"

"So early? I just woke up, Pebbles. I look like a mess."

"That's not how love works, King!" She smacked my shoulder, and, even though I didn't feel anything, I widened my eyes at her. "I'm sorry. Ugh, just... if she is supposed to love you, she will love you no matter if your hair is brushed or not. Just go. Please."

I couldn't say no. Not only because her words made my heart feel warmer, but also because I really loved spending time with Y/N. Whether she talked, laughed, or just sat in silence. Her presence was enough for me.

I shook my head, but passed the flowers that moved to the sides to let me through.

"Good morning," I said, and I could swear her smile widened. She opened one eye, peaking at me for a moment, but quickly came back to bathing in the Sun.

"Good morning, Jungkook."

No one ever called me like that. My Fairies used king all the time, since the beginning of our Garden. But when Y/N said my name, it calmed me down. No matter how I felt to begin with.

"Can I sit with you?" I asked.

"Of course," she said, with a small giggle. "But the water is freezing."

"You can ask it to warm up," I said, lying supine next to her, the Waterfall behind my head. I had to be careful not to put too much weight on my wings, but they were helpful to move to the sides a little.