21st Sword | Shadow, Flames and Disorder

Start from the beginning

If it meant even a trace of who he - of who (Y/N) Kamado was, remained, then that was more than enough for him.

"My brother is not weak. If you have the gall to call Tanjiro weak...then you don't even know the first thing about strength." (Y/N) challenged, pointing his jet black blade at Akaza. Behind him, Tanjiro felt tears begin to pool on his eyes, a silent cry rising up to his lips.

"...I see." Akaza hummed as he locked eyes with the two enemies.

With the two fools.

With the two Pillars.

Within an instant, all pretenses of talk had ended abruptly. The ground beneath Akaza shattered as he took his stance, a bright blue snowflake-like formation manifesting beneath his feet.

Perhaps, actions would convince them instead.

"Technique Development - Destructive Death: Compass Needle!" Akaza lowered his stance slightly, an ominous chill overtaking the open field as the wind howled around them.

(Y/N) merely brandished his blades, Rengoku lowering his to his side, both of them prepared for the inevitable fight to come.

"If you both refuse to take that final step...then I'll just have to kill you." Akaza gave a wicked smirk.

For a moment, only the wind howled as (Y/N) and Rengoku both lowered their stances ever-so-slightly...

And then, all hell broke loose.

Akaza disappeared in a single step, crossing the distance between himself and the Pillars in the blink of an eye. Sending a powerful punch towards Rengoku, Akaza intended to instantly take him out of the fight. However, Rengoku merely adjusted accordingly, slashing at the oncoming fist as (Y/N) followed up the slash instantly, sending twin slashes at the demon from both directions, Akaza merely grinning as he leapt back, barely missing being cleaved.

However, the two Pillars gave chase, disappearing into mere afterimages as they chased down Akaza. Before he could even land, he was assailed with immense slashes, though Akaza nimbly managed to evade each and every single one, but even when tried to counterattack, a blade always intercepted his attacks.

Slash after slash went out within moments, followed by punches after punches, a cloud of dust kicking up around the three combatants as they stormed through the open field, Tanjiro watching on in a mixture of fear and awe, capable of catching little more than the sparks from the clash of fist and blade.

"I can't follow their movements at all!" Tanjiro watched on, his mouth wide open in shock as he watched the practically inhuman scene before him.

"There were never any Flames or Shadows among the Pillars I've killed until now." Akaza cackled as he sent out a barrage of punches towards the two Pillars, (Y/N) meeting each and every punch head on as Rengoku swerved beneath both punches and blades, unleashing a fierce rising slash as Akaza was forced to dodge to the side.

"No one ever took me up on my offer either." Akaza wildly attacked with a barrage of fierce punches, Rengoku utilizing his sword to block the blows, (Y/N) snaking his swords around him and drawing Akaza's attention. Attacking with a heavy downwards slash, (Y/N) forcibly took Akaza's attention as the Upper Moon Three demon kicked at him, though (Y/N) merely used his Nichirin Blade to deflect the attack, holding Akaza's fists at bay with the midnight-black katana, twisting his feet ever so slightly before unleashing a spinning slash, forcing Akaza back. However, he didn't hesitate for longer than an instant, meeting (Y/N)'s attack head on with a kick and disrupting the force behind it, sending the jet black katana shooting backwards. Following up with a punch, Akaza went for the killing blow, however, Rengoku swiftly stepped in, deflecting the attack and forcing a stalemate as Akaza held Rengoku's sword at bay with his fist, meanwhile sending a kick towards (Y/N), forcing him to block with his Nichirin Blade, but it still sent him skidding back a small distance.