21st Sword | Shadow, Flames and Disorder

Start from the beginning

"Those are fine swords." Upper Moon Three praised, casually moving his new arm about - as if mocking the two Pillars.

"His regeneration is even faster than mine." (Y/N)'s gaze remained vigilant as he drew his Nichirin Blade as well, taking a relaxed stance as he prepared for the inevitable fight to come.

"What immense speed. Coupled with this horrific and immense aura...this is a real Upper Moon, then." Rengoku analyzed the opponent, paying little attention to the severed arm that burned to ashes beside him. After all - his opponent had already rendered the attacks null with a new arm.

"I can't understand why you'd go after a wounded person first." Rengoku spoke loudly, yet clearly as he held firm in front of the injured Kamado.

"He could get in the way of our chitchat...between you two, and me." Upper Moon Three smiled, his tone nonchalant.

"Chitchat, huh? I don't recall having anything in particular to say to a goon of Kibutsuji." (Y/N) rolled his eyes at the Upper Moon demon. This was a literal harbinger of death, and all he wanted was a "chitchat"?

"That's right. We've only just met you, but I'm confident neither of us harbor anything but dislike for you." Rengoku nodded in agreement to (Y/N)'s words. Although he didn't know what the demon was planning, he didn't plan to chitchat with one of the Demon Slayer Corps' sworn enemies.

"Is that right? Well, I guess we all bear dislikes already. I, too, loathe weak humans. Just the sight of a weakling is enough to make my skin crawl." Upper Moon Three spoke calmly, his gaze momentarily shifting to Tanjiro. To the "weakling".

"Should probably go visit a doctor then. Or a therapist. Or go out for a nice stroll under the sun. Works wonders for your mental, take it from me." (Y/N) casually dissed, Upper Moon Three's lips curving upwards ever-so-slightly.

"Our senses of value are completely different." Rengoku added in, standing up as he walked up beside (Y/N), the two guarding Tanjiro, who tried to rise to his feet behind them, though clearly in pain.

"That so? Alright then. I have a brilliant proposal for you. Why don't you become demons, too?" Upper Moon Three gave a wicked grin, extending his hand outwards.

"I refuse."

"Been there, done that."

Both of the Pillars instantly shot him down, though a surprised look formed on Upper Moon Three's face.

"So, you're a demon as well? Interesting. I did find it strange that your strength is growing with every passing moment, but I guess that answers that little mystery. I can see how strong you both are with just a glance. You're both Pillars, right?" Upper Moon Three smiled with satisfaction, though his gaze lingered on (Y/N)'s own.

"What's it to you?" (Y/N) shrugged calmly.

"No need to get all suspicious. Although I am a bit surprised to see that a demon, even if just a half-ling like yourself, is in the Demon Slayer Corps, it just makes this all the more fun. Both of your auras have been trained to the hilt, but even then, your presence here just proves my next point." Upper Moon Three turned his gaze away from (Y/N), and onto Rengoku.

"Both of your strengths are reaching the Realm of the Highest." Upper Moon Three chuckled carefreely.

"...Shadow Pillar, (Y/N) Kamado."

"Flame Pillar, Kyojuro Rengoku."

"I'm Akaza." A satisfied smile rose to Akaza's face as the two Pillars, the two strong swordsmen across from him introduced themselves.

"Kyojuro, (Y/N)...you both prove my point excellently. Kyojuro...you won't ever reach the Realm of the Highest. Let me tell you why." Akaza chuckled, his gaze holding a hint of both pity and amusement.