Part 4 Shanghai and Promises

Yunlan Gege…

Yunlan Gege…..

That voice kept ringing in Zhao Yunlan's ears, it was such a clear voice and Zhao Yunlan wanted to see the owner of that voice, however…. it all seems impossible. Zhao Yunlan knew that when he opened his eyes he would not see the owner of the voice. The gunshots and Shen Wei cried were still vivid in Zhao Yunlan's mind. Reality was painful and Zhao Yunlan would rather never wake up from his slumber.

There is no Shen Wei, then why did Zhao Yunlan need to wake up?

Zhao Yunlan had been in the hospital for 2 weeks, Zhao Yunlan had never opened his eyes. He didn't even know that he was already in Shanghai. After that incident, Han Chen came to London, because Li Yanshu was arrested. Han Chen took Zhao Yunlan to the hospital but Zhao Yunlan never woke up so Han Chen decided to take Zhao Yunlan back to Shanghai.

"How long are you going to close your eyes? Yunlan, don't you want to know what happened to Shen Wei?" said Han Chen as he visited Zhao Yunlan. Han Chen always spent 2 hours accompanying Zhao Yunlan every day. A part of Han Chen felt guilty for sending Zhao Yunlan to London and making things worse.

Shen Wei was the victim and Li Yanshu and Cobra were only punished for what they did in London not for the drug trafficking cases they had been doing for years. Meanwhile Zhao Yunlan was also a victim and he knew how devastated Zhao Yunlan was.

Han Chen knew that Zhao Yunlan loved Shen Wei very much and really Han Chen was not prepared if one day when Zhao Yunlan woke up he would ask what happened to Shen Wei.

But Zhao Yunlan had to wake up and he had to move on with his life.

"Don't you want to see Shen Wei?" Han Chen tried again and every time Han Chen mentioned Shen Wei's name, Zhao Yunlan's fingers moved as if in response and this time it was completely different because Zhao Yunlan slowly started to move his head.

“Shen Wei needs you” Han Chen continued “Shen Wei needs you to wake up and be strong. He wants you to continue your life, Zhao Yunlan”

“Xiao Wei……” Zhao Yunlan whispered softly “Xiao Wei don't leave me”

“Wake up, please….”

Slowly, Zhao Yunlan opened his eyes and everything still felt unreal. The one thing he felt was different was that the place he was in now was warmer than the last time before Zhao Yunlan closed his eyes.

“Xiao Wei……” Zhao Yunlan whispered again

“Finally Yunlan! You are awake. Thanks God.” Han Chen was slightly relieved, because Zhao Yunlan was awake. Apart from the gunshot wound he received, Zhao Yunlan was actually fine but his subconscious didn't want Zhao Yunlan to wake up. It was caused by deep trauma. The doctor could do nothing but wait for Zhao Yunlan to wake up on his own.