Chapter 261: Who Was Considered the Winner?

Start from the beginning

(2018 Asia Artist Award)

At a glance, Lee Sungkyung's figure was indeed superb. She was well aware of her standout features and knew how to use them to her advantage by wearing clothes that highlighted her curves.

On the scene, there were quite a few male celebrities that reacted to the sight of Lee Sungkyung. A few of them quickly drank the icy cold wine in their hands in an attempt to suppress the fire burning up inside them.

Lee Sungkyung was pleased with their reactions because in her own eyes, she ruled the runway and everyone was expected to be captivated by her. From the look in the men's eyes, she could tell she had successfully achieved this. She felt confident and attractive.

However, as she scanned her eyes across the hall, she realized Jooeun was nowhere to be seen. Was she too afraid to appear in front of her and battle it out on the same stage?

Lee Sungkyung's beauty was publicly known. With the strengths that she possessed and her slightly wild personality, many people found her beautiful but impossible to approach. She had a strong presence like a queen and had enjoyed many years of attention on the runway. Even when she compared herself to the top entertainers, she did not think of herself as on a different level. As a result, she always looked dazzling and held her head high in confidence.

"Hey! Lee Sungkyung has arrived. I'm so jealous of her breasts and bottom. No wonder people say comparing oneself to another is unhealthy."

"With the way Lee Sungkyung looks today, no matter what Cha Jooeun dresses in, she won't be able to compare."

"We can't be too certain. After all, the CEO is her manager."

"You're still questioning the outcome? If the President appears tonight as the CEO of GK, then Cha Jooeun doesn't stand a chance. It would be obvious that he is on Lee Sungkyung's side!"

The artists present gathered into groups and discussed the heated topic. Especially with the appearance of Lee Sungkyung, they felt themselves sweating from anxiety as they couldn't decide whether they wanted Cha Jooeun to appear or not.

"Is she going to appear?"

"How would I know?"

The celebration dinner continued to proceed and guest performers appeared one after another. Some sang hit songs and some performed popular street dances. There were even 'fresh meat' actors that simply stood on the stage. It seemed allowing their seniors to lay eyes on their attractive looks was a performance in itself.

"Cha Jooeun must be so afraid that she decided not to appear." Lee Sungkyung exclaimed amongst the crowd as she held onto her wine glass. She wasn't afraid of people hearing her. Everyone around her was stunned. No matter how beautiful Lee Sungkyung was, they didn't want to take another glance at her.

A little while later, there was a commotion at the main entrance as Jeonghwan finally made his appearance. From the outfit he was wearing, it was obvious he was appearing as the CEO of GK. A few people were disappointed; they had anticipated something else.

At this time, Lee Sungkyung's lips curved upwards into a smile. She knew at this point, there was no way she'd lose.

"Lee Sungkyung must be feeling quite arrogant. I mean, Cha Jooeun didn't even appear!" everyone once again started discussing.

"Look at Lee Sungkyung's expression."

"Wait, that's not right. The president brought a woman with him. That...isn't that Cha Jooeun?"

"Where?"

"The one wearing business attire behind the President."

Not only these two people, but everyone else also noticed. Cha Jooeun wasn't wearing anything glamorous and didn't make a grand appearance, she simply followed behind Lee Jeonghwan, dressed in business attire.

So who was considered the winner?

It was true that Lee Jeonghwan had appeared as the CEO of GK, but he brought Cha Jooeun along with him.

As soon as Sungkyung noticed Jooeun, her smile turned stale. She wasn't happy with what she saw. Jeonghwan was hinting that Cha Jooeun did not come to GK because of Lee Sungkyung and just because Lee Sungkyung wanted to compete with her, it didn't mean Cha Jooeun was willing to play along.

A moment later, the winner of the best actor award approached Jeonghwan holding a wine glass as he expressed his gratitude. Just as he was about to cheers with Jeonghwan, he glanced at the little woman behind him questioningly, like he was asking her for permission to drink. Jooeun was surprised, but she quickly understood. So she nodded her head.

As soon as the actor saw this, he couldn't hold back his laughter. "President Lee, are you asking our hoobae for permission? Does she even have control over your drinking habits?"

"Before, when I was her manager, she complained that I was being too strict on her. So today I suggested that we reverse our roles so she can be my manager instead." Jeonghwan explained as he clinked glasses with the actor.

"I never imagined our hoobae had the potential to be a manager!" the actor couldn't help but tease. "I've never seen our President Lee being controlled by someone else, this is quite a refreshing scene to witness."

After speaking, the actor looked at Jooeun. "Thank you hoobae, for giving me the opportunity to witness such a scene."