Chapter 216: Messy Heart

Jooeun hated it the most when Minjung looked down on herself. It seemed those that appeared optimistic were generally weaker on the inside. In front of everyone, they would laugh happily and joke around, but once it hit night and they were all alone, they would find a place to hide and soothe their own wounds.

"Let's go." Minjung reminded Jooeun.

Jooeun glanced quickly at Minjung before boarding the company van.

Taejoo was like a block of wood with no sense of awareness. Pretty much in his mind, the only reason he treated Minjung nicely was simply because she was also nice to him.

"Right now, everyone in Seoul knows that you are Taejoo's fiancée. You already have an advantage, don't waste it."

Minjung glared at Jooeun as she covered her ears. Jooeun's words were like feathers tickling at her heart. She couldn't let her thoughts wander. It was making her heart a mess.

That evening. Unexpected snow fell upon Seoul.

Jooeun stood beside the floor-to-ceiling window as she looked out at the snowy landscape. Behind her, the TV was broadcasting news about Ahn Bohyun being taken to the police station for questioning.

Jooeun turned around and casually glanced at the news. As she watched Bohyun exit Sublime helplessly, she felt that the suffering she had previously gone through had now completely dissipated. Yeji followed behind as she escorted Bohyun out. But at this point, with Sublime falling apart, her expression was equally pale.

After glancing at the news briefly, Jooeun lifted the remote and turned off the TV. She already knew Yeji and Bohyun's fate. The two once-so-great people had now become a laughing stock in the entertainment industry. Especially after having their names mentioned by GK, overnight they had taken a fall from which they'd never be able to recover.

Not long after, Jeonghwan returned home covered in snow. But his palms were warm. He removed his jacket and approached Jooeun from behind to give her a hug. "What are you thinking about? You look deep in thought."

"I'm thinking about the future." Jooeun turned around and buried herself in Jeonghwan's embrace. "Two months from now, let's announce our relationship."

"Are you sure?" Jeonghwan smiled as he hugged her.

"Uh-huh. You're too amazing. I'm afraid someone will snatch you away. So I have to lay my claim."

Jeonghwan did not respond. He simply lifted her up so her legs could wrap around his waist and took a few steps towards the sofa. He then lay her down and pressed his body against hers as he gave her a passionate kiss.

If that was the case, then there was still a lot they had to deal with...

After the slight distraction, Jooeun lay on Jeonghwan's chest as she asked, "Hwan, do you think Taejoo oppa would be interested in someone like Minjung unnie?"

"I'm afraid to even Taejoo wouldn't be able to tell you."

After thinking for a moment, Jooeun realized Jeonghwan's response was reasonable. After all, Taejoo's EQ was indeed that low.

"However, Taejoo took the afternoon off because he had caught the flu."

"How about we call Minjung unnie to go and check on him?"

Jeonghwan naturally handed his phone to Jooeun before gesturing that he still had work to do in the study room. Jooeun nodded her head assuring him that she would prepare dinner. Before he got far, she stopped him in his step. "I heard my manager is currently in Germany. Who is it?"

"You will find out when the time comes."

Jooeun did not ask further. She held onto the phone as she walked over to the window and immediately gave Minjung a phone call. Of course, she deliberately exaggerated the truth.

Although Minjung constantly warned herself not to let her emotions be moved, after hearing Taejoo had a fever of 39 degrees Celsius without anyone caring for him, she immediately wrote down his address and rushed over anxiously. On the way, it wasn't clear how many red lights she ran.

Half an hour later, she arrived at Taejoo's front door. After pressing the doorbell a few times, Taejoo finally opened the door. Looking at her with a lifeless expression, he responded, "Oh, it's you..."

"Have you taken medicine? Amongst the medicine I bought you last time, there was a pack of flu tablets..."

Taejoo trudged childishly back to the sofa. Whenever he was sick his brain would be muddled up, so he didn't hear a word Minjung said.

Minjung sat on the coffee table, and Taejoo suddenly started laughing. "You're too heavy. Be careful of my coffee table."

Minjung had no patience to deal with his ridicule. Instead, she quickly retrieved the thermometer from the medicine chest on the table and placed it in Taejoo's mouth. After 3 minutes, she took it out to have a look and started panicking.

"You're 39 degrees! You need to go to the hospital..."

"I don't want to sit in the car, I'm too dizzy. How about you carry me there."

"..."

Looking at Taejoo's height, he was at least 185cm. Even though she was quite burly, it still would not be feasible for her to carry a grown man.

"How about I don't go..."

Minjung was both angry and amused. She suddenly felt the Taejoo at this moment was quite adorable. Perhaps his fever had made him a little confused, so he had no idea how childish he was acting.

A moment later, Minjung knelt down with her back towards him. "Get on..."

Taejoo sat up and climbed onto Minjung's back without hesitation. In the end, he found a comfortable position, buried his head into Minjung's shoulders, and drowsily fell asleep.

Minjung only managed to take a few steps before she found it hard to breathe. But thinking about the man on her back and how serious his fever was, she felt her heart ache. Although Taejoo was trying to torment her, she still felt bittersweet.

Luckily, after 10 minutes of walking, she found a hospital. Minjung carried Taejoo inside and placed him on a stretcher so the doctors could examine him. She didn't want to delay in case his illness developed into pneumonia.

After tossing and turning in the hospital for 4 hours, Taejoo finally gained consciousness in the middle of the night. He opened his eyes to find Minjung laying by his bedside.

Coincidentally at this time, the nurse was inspecting the room. Seeing Taejoo had woken up, she smiled. "You and your sister must be really close. It wasn't easy for her to carry you all the way to the hospital."

Taejoo recalled his childish behavior and suddenly felt a little guilty. Why did he pick on Minjung for being fat?

Taejoo shook his numb arms. But because of this action, Minjung slowly forced her eyes open.

"You've awoken. Do you feel better?"

"Much better." Taejoo answered awkwardly. "About what happened...I didn't mean to make you carry me here. I didn't expect you to take me seriously. But you sure are strong..."

After hearing this, Minjung was so angry her heart filled with discomfort. She pulled Taejoo by his clothes and almost wanted to use her lips to shut him up.

The two looked at each other. Even Minjung couldn't understand why she had suddenly lost control like this. Eventually, they moved apart and she complained awkwardly. "You're too noisy!"

Taejoo was still in a daze.

Minjung stood up and growled. "It seems you've recovered. Let's go. Let's leave the hospital immediately. I didn't drive so this time, you should carry me back."

"I don't have the strength to carry you."