Chapter 210: How Embarrassing

[GK Entertainment announces signing on Cha Jooeun, officially becoming Cha Jooeun's new owner!]

[The top entertainment agency signs on Cha Jooeun. Cheers all around.]

[GK hangs and beats Sublime's announcement. What is your ban worth?]

[GK's contract with Cha Jooeun a mystery. Sublime's words hold no weight.]

GK had signed Cha Jooeun?

As soon as everyone heard the news, they were stunned. This was such an unexpected outcome. This was GK. The GK possessed ultimate status in the entertainment industry. How could they possibly sign Cha Jooeun? However, after seeing the official announcements on GK's website and other channels, everyone had no choice but to believe. This was all real – they weren't dreaming!

Just 10 minutes ago, Sublime had announced they were banning Cha Jooeun, yet, 10 minutes later, Cha Jooeun had already signed on with GK and become one of their models.

The reporters looked at each other as Bohyun continued to answer questions and spill secrets about Cha Jooeun. He also expressed that, since Cha Jooeun was already banned, he no longer needed to be wary of her. He was determined to continue on the path of defaming Cha Jooeun – until the end.

The reporters suddenly felt awkward. Especially when Bohyun expressed his intentional disdain towards Cha Jooeun, the reporters really wanted to warn him to stop talking. He was being too stupid. If he was to continue, everyone's goosebumps would be standing on end. The scene playing out was much too hilarious and ridiculous.

A few reporters on the scene started receiving phone calls from their companies. This was the key moment to snatch headlines. Who was still wasting time on Sublime? Smart reporters were already waiting outside GK Entertainment.

At this time, the reporter standing closest to Bohyun pulled out his phone and showed it to him. "Director Ahn, is this what you mean by banning Cha Jooeun?"

Bohyun creased his forehead and looked at the huge face slap that was awaiting him on the screen. Big words were plastered across the middle of the screen: 

[GK announces signing a contract with Cha Jooeun. Sublime is slapped in the face and thrown into an awkward state.]

Bohyun's eyes grew big in disbelief as he grabbed the phones off other people – they all showed the same news about Cha Jooeun signing with GK. It had only been 10 minutes since Sublime had announced their contract termination!

"GK only took 10 minutes to turn Sublime into the industry's laughing stock."

Bohyun returned the phones to the reporters as his mind turned blank. He looked at all the humiliating and ridiculing expressions. He had just banned Cha Jooeun, yet not long after, GK had signed on her.

Ban? What rubbish was he talking? Who did he think he was? Did Sublime even hold any weight in the entertainment industry?

In an instant, while surrounded by the reporters, Bohyun's expression swept over with panic. His cheeks turned red as a feeling of shame seeped to all corners of his body.

"How embarrassing..." the reporters below the stage couldn't help but whisper these words. They could all sense the humiliation.

Afterwards, Yeji came out with the bodyguards and pulled Bohyun back to the office.

Bohyun was in a daze and felt nothing. It was not until he moved out of the flashes of the cameras, did he lean against the wall and fall to the floor. He looked defeated and in a panic. Yeji looked at the man on the floor as her throat burned up. "Are you happy now? Rather than simply feeling like I've been slapped across the face by GK, I feel like they've stripped off all my clothing so I can be humiliated. I feel completely naked. I feel like no matter where I go from now on, I will be naked and a joke in everyone's eyes."

But it wasn't just Yeji, everyone in Sublime was currently feeling this way. GK's slap was much too resounding.

Bohyun's gaze was empty. He had no idea what Yeji was saying. It wasn't until the sound of Yeji's high-heeled shoes disappeared into the distance, did he wipe his hand across his cheek and then wrap his arms around his knees as he sat in a dark corner. He suddenly didn't know how he was going to face everyone!

...

Sublime Artist Agency interviewing had ended, but GK's had just started.

Changwook wanted to give Sublime a bit of time to catch their breaths. He didn't want Ahn Bohyun to suffer his second blow so quickly.

Standing on the stage, Changwook was in an extremely good mood. He wondered whether Cha Jooeun had seen the face slapping he had just given Ahn Bohyun. Even through the TV screen, he could feel the awkward atmosphere surrounding the jerk.

Of course, by signing Cha Jooeun at a point like this, GK had to have the ability to take on all the negative rumors that were currently thrown upon her. A model that was being called a murderer, why would GK sign someone like that?

"Director Ji, is GK joking with all of us? It's not April Fool's Day." the reporters started their attacks on Changwook. Why would they accept rubbish like Cha Jooeun?

"So does that mean if it's April Fool's Day, I'm allowed to play tricks on the media? I'll keep that in mind." The reason why Changwook was in the position of Artists Director in GK, was because he was extremely good at dealing with reporters. His PR was flawless and his promotional methods were top-notch.

"Why did GK decide to sign Cha Jooeun at a time like this?"

Changwook looked at the reporter as the corners of his lips curved upwards. He gave a gentle laugh. "It seems I've already given you an answer. Each reporter only gets one chance at asking a question. When you first entered I already warned all of you to grasp your opportunity well."

The reporter's face turned pale. He couldn't believe his first question was whether GK was joking.

The reporters that followed on learned from this example, so they were more vigilant. "Cha Jooeun is a murderer, why did GK sign her?" 

After hearing this question, Changwook looked at the reporter's name tag and responded in a cold tone. "A reporter is a person that distributes news to the public in a timely, honest, effective, objective, and fair manner. I'm sure you can find the definition online. So which of these have you done?"

The reporter covered his name badge in shame and turned away.

"Why did you announce Cha Jooeun signing on with GK at a time like this?"

"If not now, what time did you think was more appropriate?" Changwook asked back.

"At least, at a time when the entire nation no longer hates her."

"Oh! By that time she may no longer be able to enter GK. Because by that time, she may have already died a hundred unjustly deaths in the hands of heartless reporters and keyboard warriors that only know how to follow the crowd." Changwook answered sharply. Each word was so sharp it would make the reporter's bleed.

"Isn't GK afraid of having their reputation damaged because of Cha Jooeun? She currently has so many anti-fans."

"Getting on the good side of anti-fans has never been something GK's cared about. The reason is simple. Their hearts are much too dark. While they are judging others for being disgusting, they haven't considered looking at themselves. While they are denying other's hard work, they haven't considered it may be because they themselves have not worked hard, so they would always assume other's hard work comes from some kind of background or indecent transaction. Do you want to boycott Cha Jooeun? Do any of you have the guts to do it using your real name?"

"But the incident between Cha Jooeun and Jung Chaeyeon is real." the reporter responded.