Chapter 237: I Also Want The President to be My Manager

Yoona had been in the industry for over 10 years and had seen many people like Irene Kim in the past, so she directly kicked her when no one noticed. The sharp heel from her shoe dug into Irene Kim's calf.

Irene Kim did not see the kick coming. The pain was so sharp it sent her jumping out of her seat as she let out a cry and screamed Yoona's name.

The host quickly noticed the commotion below the stage and signaled for the director not to point the cameras in that direction as not to affect the live broadcast.

"Im Yoona, are you crazy? Don't go overboard!"

Irene Kim completely lost control of her emotions as she yelled loudly. She quickly drew the attention of everyone around. At this time, Yoona did something no one expected. She stood up and straightforwardly threw a slap across Irene Kim's face.

Many people present witnessed it. Im Yoona had hit Irene Kim.

"How dare you hit me?" Irene Kim glared at Yoona in disbelief as she held her cheek. However, Yoona simply sat back down quietly after throwing her slap, without providing an explanation for her actions. This made everyone assume that Irene Kim had definitely done something deserving of a slap from this international supermodel.

With her international status, so what if you got slapped by her? If you weren't asking for it, why would she even care about you? Who do you think you are?

Moreover, just a moment ago, Irene Kim asked if Yoona was crazy in front of everyone. With an IQ and EQ like that, she deserved to be slapped.

The host and a few members of the staff were afraid the situation would get blown out of proportion, so they quickly ran over to stop the commotion. However, Irene Kim directly pushed them away, not intending to let Yoona off.

"Im Yoona, Cha Jooeun is merely a cheap third-rate model, is she worthy of your protection?"

"Try and say that she's a third-rate model again." Yoona warned.

Irene Kim had already gone too far to turn back because the situation had now been escalated. If she was to admit defeat at this point, how would the people present think of her and SM?

So Irene Kim responded boldly. "Cha Jooeun is a third-rate model. Third-rate. Did you hear me clearly? So what if she joined GK? It can't change the fact that she was blacklisted by SM. Plus, isn't she just here as a tag-along? Isn't she doing all she can to get on your good side just so she can advance in her career? Don't get the wrong idea and treat her like a treasure. Be careful she doesn't just turn around and sell you off."

The trio was located towards the right half of the third row, a relatively hidden spot. But many people still managed to hear the ridicule towards Jooeun coming from Irene Kim's mouth.

"Although I don't know how Cha Jooeun managed to join GK, don't forget, your President hates people that play tricks. I'm going to wait and see how she gets destroyed."

Destroyed?

Jooeun glared coldly at Irene Kim the entire time. Her eyes were icy and contained a sense of ridicule.

However, while Irene Kim was ridiculing Jooeun, GK had released their article. Many of the people present that were feeling bored were swiping through their phones when they came across this news. They covered their mouths in shock.

"Are you talking about Cha Jooeun?" While Irene Kim was still verbally attacking Jooeun, the woman to her right leaned over and warned. "Miss Kim, I think it's best if you stop talking. Do you know who Cha Jooeun's manager is?"

Irene Kim turned her head and looked at the woman with an indescribable disgust.

The woman looked at her helplessly as she continued. "If you don't want to listen to me, it's your choice. I just find it hilarious."

Irene Kim couldn't comprehend what the woman was referring to. However, everyone below the stage was already whispering into each other's ears, deep in discussion.

This piece of news was earth-shattering. No one would have imagined it at all.

"This is too unpredictable! GK just announced that their CEO, Lee Jeonghwan, has decided to be Cha Jooeun's personal manager."

"Personal..."

"Most importantly, this is Lee Jeonghwan we are talking about. The mysterious and frightening king of the entertainment industry."

"I'm so envious of Cha Jooeun, how did she manage to do this?"

"For the CEO to personally step up to the role, Cha Jooeun must have her strengths!"

"Thinking about it, I also want the President to be my manager."

No matter how dense Irene Kim was, there was no way she didn't realize what was happening around her. Hence, she leaned over and grabbed the phone out of the hands of the woman next to her. After seeing the announcement made by GK, she was so terrified, her face turned white.

Yoona also saw the news. She raised the phone in her hand and asked, "This is the model you called third-rate. Yet, she managed to make the king of the entertainment industry take on the role of her personal manager. Not only that, he is exclusively hers. I think someone's reached their end. Irene Kim, you instigated the incident on stage, didn't you? As Cha Jooeun's manager, how do you think Lee Jeonghwan will handle this matter? I can tell you now, his methods have always been deadly without warning!"

Irene Kim's breathing sped up. She took a quick glance at Jooeun before plopping down in her seat.

In actual fact, Jooeun was also surprised when she found out about this announcement. Although Jeonghwan had given her a boost in confidence prior to the ceremony, she had no idea he would take this opportunity to announce his role as her manager...

"Hey, look at that sl*t's expression." Yoona pointed out.

Jooeun let out a laugh as her mood lightened. So what if Jeonghwan made an announcement? He was merely telling the truth.

"I never thought, President Lee would dote you to this level. He actually decided to be your manager? Did you already know about this?"

"Yes, I did. I just had no idea he would straightforwardly announce it like this." Jooeun was a little nervous and helpless. She was worried Yoona would get the wrong idea about her.

"This is great! With President Lee's protection, I'm sure all the troublemakers will no longer be brave enough to get close..." Yoona responded. Probably because she was older than Jooeun, she subconsciously thought of herself as her older sister.

The fact that she couldn't avenge Jooeun for the incident onstage, she felt incapable and sorry. So now that Jeonghwan had announced he was Jooeun's manager, it was equivalent to pushing Jooeun to new heights. At least from now on, before bullying Jooeun, people would need to think it over and reconsider whether they could handle the consequences of offending Jeonghwan.

Naturally, GK's announcement immediately became the hottest topic. Lee Jeonghwan had become Cha Jooeun's personal manager!

In regards to this heavy bomb that had been dropped, the public began to spread all kinds of rumors. It was too unexpected and shocking. As for Jooeun, with this man as her backing, who would still fight for resources with her?

This was Lee Jeonghwan they were talking about. It wasn't a matter of whether they wanted to fight. It was a matter of whether they were brave enough to fight.