Chapter 259: Wifey

Start from the beginning

The set of clothing in Minjung's hands was an Yves Saint Laurent white shirt paired with an Instantfunk high-waisted pink A-line skirt and a matching pink coat; a normal set of business attire. Although it was still designed by Catherine Walker, it looked a lot more common in comparison to the ball gown.

"Hurry and iron it..."

Jooeun was actually looking forward to being Jeonghwan's manager and taking over Taejoo's role as well. But did Taejoo ever dare to order Jeonghwan around? She dared to.

Jooeun's mind was still in a daze over the word 'wifey' that came from Jeonghwan's mouth. It wasn't often that he'd call her that. Even in bed, he would never use such an embarrassing nickname. Yet when he called her that today, it sounded so natural and comfortable.

Minjung had no idea what Jooeun had brewing. All she knew, if Jooeun was to make an appearance dressed like this, she would be humiliated by Lee Sungkyung!

What was she doing? Was Boss planning to sacrifice her?

While Minjung was struggling to relieve her worries, she received a phone call from Taejoo. "Are you free tonight?"

"Today is an important day. What do you think? Aren't you accompanying Boss to the celebration dinner? I need to accompany Jooeun."

"The President already has an assistant for the night, you also don't need to keep the madam company. Come out and meet my parents."

"!!!"

"A couple of days ago, I told them about our relationship. So they immediately caught a flight over to Seoul."

Minjung was suddenly thrown into a panic. "Why didn't you tell me about this earlier? How am I supposed to face them with my current appearance?"

"Don't be nervous, it's just a simple meeting."

Minjung suddenly hung up the phone. She felt a little angry. Meeting his parents wasn't something to be taken lightly. Plus they had only started dating not too long ago. So she couldn't help but imagine the worst possibilities. She suddenly started thinking that Taejoo must have been pressured to get married, so he chose to be with her because she just so happened to be at the right place at the right time.

"If Taejoo wants me to meet his parents, why can't he give me a bit more time? You and Boss have been married for so long, but he hasn't forced you to meet his parents because he knows how to respect you. I suddenly feel like a complete mess."

"What do you plan to do?"

"I don't want to see them." Minjung replied straightforwardly. "Jooeun, the thing I am most afraid of is when a relationship passes the honeymoon period and the problems of reality once again appear. Right now, we haven't even passed our honeymoon period! Aren't things happening in the wrong order?"

"In that case, you should speak to Taejoo oppa about it."

Minjung thought for a moment before pulling out her phone to give Taejoo a phone call. However, Taejoo ended up calling her first. "If you don't want to see them, then the two of us can have dinner on our own."

"What about your parents?"

"They went to my uncle's place. Minjung-ah, their intentions aren't bad. You don't know how good my parents are. However, we will wait until you are ready."

"Are you so sure that we will spend the rest of our lives together?" Minjung finally spoke in a satisfied tone.

"Is dating meant to be a game?"

"That's not what I meant. Okay, let's have dinner tonight." Minjung lowered her head as she snuck in a smile.

"After dinner, come to my place."

After hearing Taejoo's suggestion, Minjung's face flushed red. "I'm not going."

Jooeun watched as Minjung's mood changed from being like a gloomy storm to clear skies. She was helpless towards this woman. "Unnie, it's almost time. Give me my clothes."

"Are you sure you're going to wear this?" Minjung once again questioned her.

"Yes, I'm wearing this. In a moment, after you take me to GK, you can go on your date with Taejoo oppa." Jooeun nodded her head in certainty.

Jeonghwan did not ask her to arrive at the celebration dinner with him. This meant he wanted her to stick to their original plan of arriving separately. Thinking about Lee Sungkyung's infuriated look, Jooeun couldn't wait to witness her frustration.