The plan

Peter pov:

Peter opened the door to the apartment quietly, sneaking inside and glancing into each room before letting out a shallow breath. He hadn't felt May's presence anywhere near but one could never be too careful. May was out, probably at work.

She worked as a waitress in a 3.5-star restaurant after being fired from her old job as a nurse. Apparently her boss was awful, which could explain her attitude towards Peter. She hadn't always been mean towards him, he knew that much. If May's boss was yelling at her and giving her flak, even if she'd done nothing wrong, she couldn't talk back otherwise she'd lose her job. So it made sense, when talking about the 'chain of screaming' (he had been watching How I Met Your Mother the previous night and that theory had stuck out to him), that May would treat Peter so horribly sometimes.

Peter relaxed in his bed, staring up at the ceiling as his mind wandered. He wondered if May getting fired would be the worst thing - if she had a better job with a better boss, she wouldn't be so bad! His phone buzzed, bringing him out of his reverie.

Tony Stark 2:

Hey kid!
Didn't I tell you that you'd win?

Peter:

That's your way of saying I told you so, isn't it?
But YEAH I DID WIN ISNT THAT COOL???

Tony Stark 2:

Alright, let it out

Peter:

ITS JUST SHAFFADJOTHEVBNYAQ I MEAN I WON
MY TEAM WON
WE WON
AND WE'RE GONNA TOUR THE AVENGERS COMPOUND
AND SEE THE FLIPPING AVENGERS
WHAT THE SHRAYUEROOUTGB
Wait... u didn't rig anything right? Like, my team won fair and square?

Tony Stark 2:

Of course you did! I despise cheaters. I don't let anyone swindle their way out of doing work, not even my (future) interns.

Peter:

I wish I could be an intern

Tony Stark 2:

I haven't given up on you yet
I know for a fact that homework isn't an issue
And until you give me a good reason as to why you can't do it, I'll keep pestering you about the internship.
In fact, I've bumped up the deal. You would be my personal intern. Working in the lab with me and all that stuff.

Peter:

WHAT? BUT I THOUGHT YOU HATED PEOPLE WORKING IN THE SAME LAB AS YOU? IT'S LIKE... THE THING YOU'RE KNOWN FOR!

Tony Stark 2:

THAT'S what I'm known for? Man...
But what can I say? You grew on me, kid.

Peter:

Well I really wish I could! But Aunt May doesn't want me to and stuff.

Tony Stark 2:

And what you can and can't do is determined by your aunt? Have you no say in anything?

Peter:

No! I don't! Because that's adults for you; they either allow you to do something or they don't. You get what you get and you don't get upset.

Tony Stark 2:

But what you want has to be a variable in the equation! It's your life! Your aunt can't just take away this opportunity from you - do you know how good it would look on a college application if you said you were Tony Stark's personal intern?

Peter:

I know that, sir! I'd probably get into every school I apply to.
It's just that Aunt May... she doesn't think I'm old enough. She thinks it'd be too much of a strain on my life.