Ready...

Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject of academic decathlon competitions. I will make up what happens in said competitions, and, using various websites online, draw some kind of picture of what this competition will look like.

Peter's pov:

Ned and Peter stood at the end of the line. The decathlon team moved through the tall glass doors of the Stark Tower and found themselves in a brightly lit, expensive-looking lobby. A receptionist sat behind a desk towards the back of the room. The floors were marble and glossy, the walls pure white, lights decking everything in a gold-tinted glow. Next to the desk was a security door, a small green light blinking on the top bar.

The team walked to the desk, their steps echoing off the floor, and the woman seated there gave them all passes.

"These are temporary, so you can't use them more than once. You need to have your pass on you at all times or you will be evicted. Please press your pass on the screen over there," she pointed to a small tablet next to the security door, "then walk through the door there. FRIDAY is the AI installed here, and she will call out your name and access level as you walk through."

The students then followed her instructions, Flash going first as usual. Each time FRIDAY spoke, the team jumped a little. Peter wondered how anyone could get used to a disembodied voice floating through a room.

A guide met them by the elevators, speaking with Mr. Harrington for a second before addressing the rest of them.

"Hello, team! I will be your guide of the day, my name is Michael. I'm going to take you to the room you'll warm up in, then in half an hour you'll join the other teams and the competition will begin. Any questions?"

"Yeah, do we get to meet the avengers?" Flash asked.

"No. You WILL meet Tony Stark, since he will be a judge, but you will only meet the other avengers if you win the competition. The prize is a trip to the Avengers Compound."

This prompted excited whispers from the students.

"Dude, do you know how cool it would be to meet the avengers?" Ned whispered to Peter.

Peter shook his head, eyes wide. "So cool."

"SO COOL!" Ned repeated with a slight squeal.

"Okay now, you only get to meet them if you win. So I'll take you up to practice now and let you guys warm your brains up," Michael said.

He walked into the elevator, the team following behind, and pressed the button for level 5. A second later they got out, walked down hallways, turned many corners, and finally wound up in a room that looked like a replica of a classroom.

"Alrighty, I'll see you again in... 20 minutes!" Michael waved to them and left, the door swinging shut behind him.

MJ began asking questions, an array of math, science and history, and timed how long each response took. Everybody wanted to win possibly more than they've ever wanted to before, what with the motivation of seeing the avengers in person.

Tony's pov:

After Spider Man got away, Tony and Natasha thought about what they'd learned. Whoever this person was, he obviously didn't want his identity to be revealed.

"I think I recognized him though!" Tony was arguing.

"But how could you, Tony? It doesn't make sense! Spider Man sounded young. Maybe in his 20's. I don't know anybody that sounds like that, and I know everyone you have contacts with!" Natasha replied.

"You saw how he reacted when I asked if I knew him! He was on edge. He jumped ten feet in the air, for crying out loud! I don't think that is an action of a calm, collected person."

"He was acting out of fear, sure, but-"

"Fear of being recognized! Fear of having his mask pulled off and being exposed! If we didn't know him, what reason would he have to be scared?"

"There are many reasons for someone to not want their identity leaked, Tony," Natasha sighed. "He could've just been afraid of what would be done to him if we caught him."

Tony frowned and shook his head. "That may have been part of it, but I'm telling you- I recognized that voice. We need to find him again. Talk to him. I'm sure I can figure out who he is if I just had a little more time to focus."

Natasha nodded, "call me when you want to catch him again." With that she left, scaling the fire escape down the side of the building.

Tony looked out over the city, his tower standing tall and proud in the midst of tall and proud buildings. Kids were walking through the doors, dressed in bright greens and blues and yellows. Wait... kids? He checked his watch, trying to remember what day it was. Oh... the competition. That was today. He couldn't believe how quickly the days went by.

Tony called his Iron Man suit to surround him, and flew to one of the top floors of the tower. He would see Peter again today, which made him smile. Until he realized that he'd need to sit through a bunch of teenagers showing off how smart they are for something like 2 hours.

The competition would consist only of a verbal exam, each team pitted against the others to answer 100 questions (some made by Tony himself) in as little time as possible. Tony was SO looking forward to it.

He landed on a small balcony that he'd designed specifically for that purpose. As the suit disassembled, he brushed off the imaginary dust on his (business) suit and walked towards the elevator. The teams would be congregating on the mini-stage now. He got off on the 5th floor and rushed towards the room. He was a bit late, but what did they expect from him? He was Tony Stark, after all.